Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Canadian Gardening: nothern/central utah growing-Provo, Salt Lake City area

Communities > Forums > Canadian Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Canadian GardeningReplies: 4, Views: 62
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nawla
Springville, UT

April 7, 2009
11:28 AM

Post #6376508

any one out there growing in the prove area in Utah-----any one. I need help with strawberries, blueberries, growing in buckets. What is Eb's, Gro Bags, verticle gardens, coir. boca bobs buckets with coir. I am new to these terms and would like to know more if i can utilize these in Central northern utah. I need help Is any one out there that can help. I am new
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 8, 2009
3:41 AM

Post #6380663

Nawla
Why don't you let us know what zone you are? Then we would be able to give you a bit of direction.
You have asked lots of questions and answers will depend on your Zone and growing conditions like full sun, morning sun, full shade. I also would bet a trip to a local nursery and looking at the containers and styles of retail items in their shop will give you some direct information on some products. If you can get a name to go with a visual of an item then you will understand what folks will tell you.
For your info you are on a Canadian forum.

Welcome to Daves!
Ann
nawla
Springville, UT

April 8, 2009
1:47 PM

Post #6381682

i am in zone4-5
dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 9, 2009
3:08 PM

Post #6386382

Welcome to DG nawla :-)
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 9, 2009
11:58 PM

Post #6388872

Nawla
Daves plant files will give you the zone that each plant is able to grow in. Our plants in Edmonton need to thrive in zone 3, some of us "push" the zone to a 4 or 5. This means we try to have plants not noted for thriving in our zones in our gardens. Many tricks are used as are "mico climates" in different areas.
Coir is a planting medium made from coconuts. Some items are soil substitutes or enhancers and others are liners for planters. By googleing the names you can get an idea of what they look like. Daves products also have ratings and personal experiences with many of these supplies.
Pretty much what ever grows in Edmonton will grow for you.
Can you explain your location, ie if you are planting in containers or in the ground. Which way does the sun travel for the location you are planting in?
Do you want to start your own seeds or buy started plants.
Sometimes you just have to try somethings and you will find out what works for you.
Gardening is a wonderful way to spend time.
Ask away and lots of folks will jump in.
Ann

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Canadian Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Brugmansia 'culebra' available Dennis_taylor 6 Nov 12, 2007 5:22 PM
Rice Lake, ON OhioBreezy 27 Sep 19, 2007 7:46 PM
Hi from Québec / Saskatoon spklatt 53 Sep 8, 2008 11:40 PM
Welcome to ginnylynn from Blyth, Ontario OldFlowerGirl 21 May 20, 2008 3:34 PM
Petunia 2 u 2 DCarrington 44 Apr 14, 2013 11:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America