Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Caring for potted plants while you're away: Caring for seedlings while you're away

Communities > Forums > Article: Caring for potted plants while you're away
bookmark
Forum: Article: Caring for potted plants while you're awayReplies: 2, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bethhick
Naples, NY

April 8, 2009
2:33 PM

Post #6381838

For seedlings that are still in flats or cell packs, I water them well, put them in a large rectangular plastic mesh laundry basket, and put the basket inside a plastic dry cleaning bag. I leave the bag open at a short side of the basket. This has kept my seedlings going for at least a week.
art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

April 8, 2009
2:35 PM

Post #6381850

Hey that's a great idea! Thank you for sharing it!
mtnmedx
Whitefish, MT

April 11, 2009
3:33 PM

Post #6395519

Boy, I wish I had known this trick a week ago. I took 3 flats of my sweet seedlings to Grandma's house four hours away in the car with 4 kids. They all did fine (the kids too) but there were some interesting times to say the least.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try this next spring break!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Caring for potted plants while you're away Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
long-term watering pifano 5 Aug 22, 2009 8:34 PM
Caring for your plants.... MiniMoo_ 0 Apr 7, 2009 7:19 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America