Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Easy Succulents- the Jade Plants: Great article - I love these plants too!

Communities > Forums > Article: Easy Succulents- the Jade Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Easy Succulents- the Jade PlantsReplies: 1, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Kaelkitty
Adelaide
Australia
(Zone 10a)

April 12, 2009
4:45 AM

Post #6398270

I wanted to mention that your third Crassula arborescens 'Undulatifolia' is the selected cultivar Crassula arborescens 'Blue Bird', a much bigger and sturdier type overall. I think this was originally developed in Europe (or possibly South Africa) and given the Dutch name 'Blauwe Vogel' but it is more frequently seen as 'Blue Bird' nowadays. There is a known literature reference to this plant in the Bulletin of the African Succulent Society 6(2): 74-75. in the article "A note on a hybrid Crassula. (T. Lavender 1971)" but I haven't yet managed to find a copy of that journal locally to check on what it has to say about the plant, perhaps you will have better luck.

One of the things I really like about this plant is the colour of the maturing anthers - they are a deep violet blue which looks really neat
I am adding a close up photo showing this feature to this post.

Ciao, KK.

Thumbnail by Kaelkitty
Click the image for an enlarged view.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 12, 2009
2:44 PM

Post #6399192

thanks

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Easy Succulents- the Jade Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Nice article Pugzley 2 Jun 6, 2009 8:36 PM
Red Flowered Crassula ovata fc_upland 0 Apr 13, 2009 12:25 PM
Jades Doe41 2 Apr 18, 2009 2:58 PM
Water? When? audreed 1 Apr 21, 2009 3:52 AM
Water? When? audreed 0 Apr 20, 2009 7:17 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America