Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cooking: Anyone know about ham?

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 5, Views: 72
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2009
8:54 PM

Post #6400285

I had a bone in half ham for Easter. Fully cooked. Can anyone tell me why it was tough????
Never...in my whole life have I had a tough ham????? This was tough enough you could hardly cut it with a knife...let alone chew it!! What a disappointment!
cuckoo4rblackbe
Savannah, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 12, 2009
9:17 PM

Post #6400350

My wife often gets one of those nice sliced smoked spiral hams with the glaze you put on late in the baking. Low temp. and no overcooking has helped us. Directions on the spirals are on the pkg. and pretty easy to follow. Have you tried one of these before?
Cuckoo
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2009
2:37 AM

Post #6401714

cuckoo4rblackbe... yes i have had the spiral hams. And no...I didn't overcook it. Did it just like the instructions said. I have cooked many hams in my life...and NEVER had one like this...lol. Very strange. It did taste good however!
cuckoo4rblackbe
Savannah, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 13, 2009
12:47 PM

Post #6402845

Marcy once we had a turkey that was yucky and the breast was fatty and marbled. We contacted the seller and received a coupon to replace it and it was fine. Your ham may have been a poor cut of meet I don't know?
Cuckoo
Marcy_1
New Madison, OH
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2009
3:34 PM

Post #6403642

I talked to a friend last night and asked her if she had ever had a ham like that? She said yes..she had...several! So maybe I have just been lucky that it never happened to me before...lol!
I checked all the local grocery ads before buying my ham...and bought the cheapest one that I could find...that too, may be part of the problem. I usually buy a more expensive one...maybe I should have???

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

April 15, 2009
10:55 PM

Post #6415714

You get what you pay for...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America