Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Geranium sanguineum

Kannapolis, NC

Here's my G. sanguineum blooming:

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
North, TX

very pretty :)

Kannapolis, NC

TY, Allwild. I love it when they start blooming. I forget from year to year what a pretty magenta shade they are.

North, TX

I really enjoy our native G. maculatum but the flowers aren't near as bright and cheery as yours' there.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

I have to ask.Is your sanguineum fragrant? I have about 8 growing in a place that is less than desirable, and I would love to bring them into the flower world.I think I obtained them a long time ago, and never tended them.This past April I caugh a whiff of them in bloom, and loved that. Not knowing what they really are, but they look so much like yours. Anyone know a good time to replant?I know it isn't now, at 100 degrees, but would like to move them in the fall. Thank you. Mike

Kannapolis, NC

MIke: I haven't noticed that mine are fragrant, and they are low to the ground, but I'll try to sniff one and let you know!!

Angie

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Angie, I was referring to the flower.The reason I found them growing is because of the fragrance on the bloom.They are not in flower now, but the folage has a fragrant , or pleasing sent to it.I will have to pull away some weeds, but I will take a pic of the plant, and maybe someone can help me. Mike

Kannapolis, NC

Mike: I've checked out my G. sanguineum and it does't seem to be fragrant, but then I was sniffing a flowerhead I pulled with hands dirty from gardening, so that may explain it! All I could smell was the dirt on my hand. I'll try again with clean hands and let you know.

Angie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.