Photo by Melody

Article: Nasturtium Garlands Honor Mrs. Gardner's Birthday!: All these years...

Communities > Forums > Article: Nasturtium Garlands Honor Mrs. Gardner's Birthday!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Nasturtium Garlands Honor Mrs. Gardner's Birthday!Replies: 5, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2009
6:15 PM

Post #6409392

I love nasturtiums, and for years now I have often wondered how to get them to vine. Must have been a blind moment, because you just showed me. Thanks for the great story, and all the information. I just have to try it. I love the scent from them too, brings back mountain memories. They are not always happy here in my drier, hotter climate, but just maybe I could coax them to grow long and viney if I find a little more shade for them. Dappled sunlight maybe, hanging from my river birch...a new idea for summer. Thank you, Carrie.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 14, 2009
8:50 PM

Post #6410104

I have JUST learned from the people at the Gardner that they use 'Gleam' -- I don't know if it's vinier or not... you're welcome! Thanks for stopping by.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2009
7:14 AM

Post #6417505

Lovely article, Carrie!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 16, 2009
11:17 AM

Post #6417662

Thank you kindly, Melva!
Chelmsford, MA

April 20, 2009
7:42 PM

Post #6437947

I live 30 miles north of Boston and have only been to Gardener once. I just put the a note about the birthday on my claendar for next year. I would have love to have met Isabella - she was one of a kind. Thanks for the delightfully written article.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 20, 2009
7:54 PM

Post #6438005

It's not too late to go tomorrow or this week -- just call first to make sure the nasturtiums are still up. I think they change them on Mondays, either today (gasp) or next Monday! You are very welcome, and thank you for your comment!

Are you coming to any of the NE Forum events which are planned for this summer? We'd all love to meet you...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Nasturtium Garlands Honor Mrs. Gardner's Birthday! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Delightful! woofie 5 Apr 20, 2009 2:10 PM
Nice article phicks 1 Apr 14, 2009 8:51 PM
How timely HummingbirdHC 1 Apr 20, 2009 6:22 PM
Miniature ISG garden gardenmart 2 Apr 15, 2011 1:52 AM
I.S.Gardeners museum Maria 1 Jul 18, 2011 6:50 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America