Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Insect and Spider Identification: Very very tiny black bug

Communities > Forums > Insect and Spider Identification
bookmark
Forum: Insect and Spider IdentificationReplies: 2, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lusfolgena
Golden Valley, AZ

April 14, 2009
9:25 PM

Post #6410302

Hi all! Am hoping someone can help me identify the insect currently invading my kitchen. I am unable to provide a picture as this is such a small insect its almost microscopic-I can only tell its a bug because if you watch closely they crawl very slowly. No hopping or flying. They seem round and blackish and aside from appearing around windows and doors I have only found them around my kitchen sink inside the house. A good spraying and constant cleaning with bleach holds them off some but isn't stopping them from coming in. They don't appear to be attracted to food either. I thought maybe coming from drains but none are in the bathrooms and where I found them wasn't in the sink but on my kitchen counters by the sink area and on the back behind the kitchen faucet. Was thinking some sort of mite. I live in the NW AZ area and its been very dry here, slowly turning to the hot season. Any ideas what these are and best way to battle them? Thanks!
suunto
Sinks Grove, WV

April 14, 2009
11:24 PM

Post #6410833

If no one on this forum can provide a definitive answer (I certainly cannot), I suggest that you collect some of your 'mystery guests' and take them to your county office of the University of Arizona's Cooperative Extension service - see http://tinyurl.com/dd2g8y for contact information. Someone there should be able either to assist in identification or could forward them to the appropriate university office.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2009
3:08 PM

Post #6413574

Use a piece of tape to trap them. This way, they cannot escape from a container.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Insect and Spider Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Tiny Red Critters Angel 26 Apr 26, 2014 7:18 AM
SOLVED: Do you know what kind of Spider this is? dignbloom 55 Aug 18, 2012 4:36 PM
SOLVED: green caterpillar xox_kitkat_xox 4 Jan 24, 2010 9:05 PM
SOLVED: Name this insect? Dinu 16 Oct 19, 2008 2:54 PM
SOLVED: Red Spider about the diameter of a penny gardenwife 24 Oct 10, 2009 10:41 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America