Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Creasy Greens... Say WHAT??: Sounds yummy

Communities > Forums > Article: Creasy Greens... Say WHAT??
bookmark
Forum: Article: Creasy Greens... Say WHAT??Replies: 3, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bluekat76
Ijamsville, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2009
10:41 AM

Post #6412620

Thanks Darius! I am a big fan of arugula and nasturtium so it sounds like a no brainer that I would like creasy greens. I think I have some upland cress seeds around here somewhere. I like the sound of the harvest in the winter!

I consider ramps to be a flavoring rather than a side dish. Boy, they can clear a room!

-Kim

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

April 15, 2009
11:54 AM

Post #6412775

LOL... I picked up some ramps once on a warm sunny day at the farmer's market. They went in the trunk with other goodies, and then I went shopping all afternoon. I just about died from the pungent fumes later when I opened the trunk!

I intend to plant some this fall; with the way our food supply is going, it will be lovely to have something nutritious coming up in my yard in late winter!

~darius
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2009
1:44 PM

Post #6413185

Nice Kudos to Creasies, darius.

Ya'll might be able to search them out in local stubble fields (cornfields, cornpatches). Folks around used to make it a common happening to go looking for creasies in the fields and around the edges for them.

I bet they might still be volunteering up your way, darius, where it is still a bit cooler than here.

Good article. Thanks!
Shoe

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

April 15, 2009
1:48 PM

Post #6413197

Shoe, my neighbor Buster says they used to be everywhere around the fields here but he hasn't seen many for several years. I'll be on the lookout until I can grow some! Thanks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Creasy Greens... Say WHAT?? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Oooh thanks... Sundownr 13 Apr 21, 2009 2:32 PM
Watercress Juice vossner 1 Apr 15, 2009 5:23 PM
nice phicks 2 Apr 16, 2009 12:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America