Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Creasy Greens... Say WHAT??: Sounds yummy

Communities > Forums > Article: Creasy Greens... Say WHAT??
bookmark
Forum: Article: Creasy Greens... Say WHAT??Replies: 3, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bluekat76
Ijamsville, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2009
10:41 AM

Post #6412620

Thanks Darius! I am a big fan of arugula and nasturtium so it sounds like a no brainer that I would like creasy greens. I think I have some upland cress seeds around here somewhere. I like the sound of the harvest in the winter!

I consider ramps to be a flavoring rather than a side dish. Boy, they can clear a room!

-Kim

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

April 15, 2009
11:54 AM

Post #6412775

LOL... I picked up some ramps once on a warm sunny day at the farmer's market. They went in the trunk with other goodies, and then I went shopping all afternoon. I just about died from the pungent fumes later when I opened the trunk!

I intend to plant some this fall; with the way our food supply is going, it will be lovely to have something nutritious coming up in my yard in late winter!

~darius
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2009
1:44 PM

Post #6413185

Nice Kudos to Creasies, darius.

Ya'll might be able to search them out in local stubble fields (cornfields, cornpatches). Folks around used to make it a common happening to go looking for creasies in the fields and around the edges for them.

I bet they might still be volunteering up your way, darius, where it is still a bit cooler than here.

Good article. Thanks!
Shoe

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

April 15, 2009
1:48 PM

Post #6413197

Shoe, my neighbor Buster says they used to be everywhere around the fields here but he hasn't seen many for several years. I'll be on the lookout until I can grow some! Thanks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Creasy Greens... Say WHAT?? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Oooh thanks... Sundownr 13 Apr 21, 2009 2:32 PM
Watercress Juice vossner 1 Apr 15, 2009 5:23 PM
nice phicks 2 Apr 16, 2009 12:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America