Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: I Say Love It Is a Flower: Laura Bush Rose

Communities > Forums > Article: I Say Love It Is a Flower
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Say Love It Is a FlowerReplies: 2, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
writerdeman
Kalkaska, MI

April 18, 2009
4:31 PM

Post #6428140

The Laura Bush Rose is on first sight, unsightly. In fact, the Jackson and Perkins photo shows it to be a garish orange with not even a redeeming shape. But on this website, there are photos that show it to be a breathtaking sherbert orange with a yellow center and a rufffled lilt. In the entire country, there is but one vendor who carries it, Romence Gardens in Kalamazoo, MI. I wonder, is it because of the adverse and shameful bashing that Laura's husband took in the last year from those who wanted to depose his party?

I hope that, as with the Laura Bush Rose and myself, the world will take a second look at the Bush legacy and see the good that was there. If we continue, as in this case, to bash men who would give up everything dear to serve their country, what kind of men WILL serve in the highest office of our land?
bethann2
San Antonio, FL

June 9, 2009
8:36 PM

Post #6664804

I believe you are confused as to what this web site is really about. I am a true plant lover. I love to garden and feel gardening is my therapy. While the rest of the world is in total caos I know I can retreat to my garden, even if I am only weeding and find total serenity. I prefer it that way and wish not to see posting as yours. Why would you want to bring politics and into such a great site????
writerdeman
Kalkaska, MI

April 13, 2010
9:51 AM

Post #7702503

Dear Gardener bethann2,
You are making exactly the same point that I was trying to make. Why is there such a concerted effort to abolish a lovely ornamental simply because it is named for Mrs. Bush? Do you see the commonality between your concerns and mine? Why bring politics into the marketing of a flower? Mrs. Bush is a lovely woman. The only reason a rose named for her is despised is because of her husband's politics (and what the media did to him). If you don't think the media was cruel to George Bush, you have no right to judge morality. (Such as whether I deserve to make a comment on a website.)

All I did was pose a question. Apparently, the website administrators saw fit to leave it.

I'm curious. Why did you look up the Laura Bush rose?
Politics are life. If you want therapy, don't go on the internet. Go out to the garden.

I am a "true" plant lover, too. Sorry to have offended you by posing this question.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Say Love It Is a Flower Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Inspiring grampapa 8 Aug 1, 2008 3:47 AM
The Rose gardengirl86 0 Jan 7, 2013 4:33 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America