Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

need the scientific name for this walking iris

Orlando, FL

can anyone tell me the scientific name for my new walking iris it wasnt on the pot, i just know it is called Brazilian Red
thanks debi

Thumbnail by blondhavmofun
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

cool. never saw a "walker" that color before.

Keaau, HI

Can you show the whole plant?

Orlando, FL

here is the whole plant my camera was a little out of focus

Orlando, FL

here is the label

Keaau, HI

I don't think it is a Walking Iris, Neomarica. Neomarica plants have glossy bright green foliage, rather than the blue-green foliage seen on your plant.

Orlando, FL

hey there
well i was just going by the label and the owner of the plant nursery told me that this is a new one and it looks just like my other walking iris as far as the plant. do you have any idea of what it may be? i am stumped.
debi
thanks so much for all the help i would just like to know what it is.

Keaau, HI

If it is a Neomarica or Walking Iris, it should have several blooms on the flower spike, then fall over to the ground and grow a plantlet right where the flowers were.

It seemed to me the because the foliage doesn't match other Neomarica species, it is not a Neomarica.

Orlando, FL

hey there
okay i will watch it over the next couple of days to see if it does that. please keep checking this i will update with pictures to see if it does bend over. i need all the help i can have i like this plant but would like to know what it is.
thanks again
debi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.