need the scientific name for this walking iris

Orlando, FL

can anyone tell me the scientific name for my new walking iris it wasnt on the pot, i just know it is called Brazilian Red
thanks debi

Thumbnail by blondhavmofun
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

cool. never saw a "walker" that color before.

Keaau, HI

Can you show the whole plant?

Orlando, FL

here is the whole plant my camera was a little out of focus

Orlando, FL

here is the label

Keaau, HI

I don't think it is a Walking Iris, Neomarica. Neomarica plants have glossy bright green foliage, rather than the blue-green foliage seen on your plant.

Orlando, FL

hey there
well i was just going by the label and the owner of the plant nursery told me that this is a new one and it looks just like my other walking iris as far as the plant. do you have any idea of what it may be? i am stumped.
debi
thanks so much for all the help i would just like to know what it is.

Keaau, HI

If it is a Neomarica or Walking Iris, it should have several blooms on the flower spike, then fall over to the ground and grow a plantlet right where the flowers were.

It seemed to me the because the foliage doesn't match other Neomarica species, it is not a Neomarica.

Orlando, FL

hey there
okay i will watch it over the next couple of days to see if it does that. please keep checking this i will update with pictures to see if it does bend over. i need all the help i can have i like this plant but would like to know what it is.
thanks again
debi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.