Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

nice specimens Metrosideros

Keaau, HI

Thanks! Here's more.

Celestite!

Thumbnail by Metrosideros
Keaau, HI

This is Scolecite.

It is a Zeolite type Silica mineral from India.

Keaau, HI

Kyanite!

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

I have my brothers collection of everything rock or mineral,fossil,arrowheads,what i thinlk could be amber ?

Thumbnail by huggergirl

p2

Thumbnail by huggergirl

huggergirl, where did the piece that you are holding up come from? Interesting piece that you have there. And Yes, what you think look's like Amber from your brother's collection does look like amber although I can not say if it's pure or not. It's been a very long time for me in this area concerning all of this.

Dave, you definately have a nice collection that you are are showing here. Do you have any pure crystal or Amythest to show? All of my collection is in storage. Arrowhead collecting was a childhood favorite of mine.

Rachel

Keaau, HI

Hi Rachel, before I got interested in plants, I spent a lot of my youth collecting rocks, minerals, and fossils!

Here is a variety of Quartz.

Keaau, HI

Here are types of Beryl.

Top two are Heliodor crystals; bottom left is emerald crystals; right are faceted emerald and aquamarine.

Keaau, HI

Fish and Trilobites.

RachaelLF,Heres another pic. of it,Iam thinking lake hurron area ?it looks to be limestone. now its a little more interesting .

This message was edited Apr 23, 2009 7:38 AM

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Keaau, HI

Hi Huggergirl, that certainly looks like Limestone.

Is there a bug in that Amber? I see Golden Calcite, Selenite, and Ulexite behind it.

I see a number of interesting specimens on your desk. Can you show some of them?

Mahalo, Dave

Someone was a tremendous carver on that limestone piece;-) Very pretty piece you have there huggergirl. Keep on showing what you got. I will try and dig out more soon.

I, at one time, was very drawn to pure crystal Quartz. One can hold it up to the sun and see the color's of the rainbow and it also hold's valuable trait's as well;-) Some view certain stone's and gemstone's as aiding in life. The black quartz is what my father used to make his own arrowhead's, so it's a cherished piece in my world.

Here are a few piece's I have around the house for decoration purpose's.

Dave, the fish/trilobite's are very interesting piece's. What amazing piece's of all that you have. I am enjoying this;-)

Rachel

Thumbnail by RachelLF
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

My favorite, situated in the living room, weights in at 97 lbs.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Keaau, HI

Nice fossil on the right; I think they're called Crinoids?

Were the arrows your father made from Black Quartz ceremonial?

Here is Catlinite.

Keaau, HI

Wow Jmorth! Does that thing get angry if you don't feed it?

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

lol!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

The fossil on the right in RachelLF's photo is a cephalopod, probably the cross section of a belemnoid.

Keaau, HI

Here's some more Cephalopods and a Fern.

Is that a Crinoid on the left?

I dont want to take all the credit for my collection,most of it belonged to my brother,and Iam sure he purchased a few of the specimens,i think he also went to gem hunting areas,most likley in n.c.,s.c.,w.v.,v, .I can reconize a few ,but not even close to having any idea what most of them are,I collect because Iam crazy about ,rocks ,fossils,gems,ahhh!!! metrosideros,there are most definitly 1 whole bug in the amber,I can see a mosquito,all the legs & wings ,body . Rachael,my great grandmother was full cherokee.

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Thumbnail by huggergirl

44 ,what are the smooth blue green stones on the upper left,and the green ones on the right of the peacock copper ?the thunder rocks,came from austrailia,hubbys family .

This message was edited Apr 24, 2009 8:11 AM

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Thumbnail by huggergirl

This one did come from lake hurron,maybe was used for an anchor long ago?

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Okay,this is the last one ,Iam really enjoying this,can ya tell?!!! I have gardening and harley riding to do,its finally warm here,80 today,it was and has been 35-50 with lots of wind rain this month.Iam ready for warmth!!

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

Metrosideros,
The little cone-shaped fossil is a belemnoid (at one time, I would have just said "belemnite" but I've since realized I don't know species well enough to be that specific!)- that's what they look like when they weather out of the sediment - like a bullet. They're common in some Mesozoic marine shales.
Your other samples in the same photo are belemnoids too - the difference is that they are intact in the sediment and you are seeing cross sections through them that show the internal structure.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Nice artifact collection huggergirl.
Here's a cut fluorite:

Thumbnail by jmorth

I agree jmorth, huggergirl does have a nice collection.

Thank's altagardener for the I.D.

Dave, nice peace pipe and I love that fern fossil!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images