Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Let's have a tea party!: Thanks for the nice tea!

Communities > Forums > Article: Let's have a tea party!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Let's have a tea party!Replies: 12, Views: 52
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 21, 2009
5:43 AM

Post #6440902

Sharon, it's morning, I'm at work and nothing could do me better than one of your cups of tea! Especially after all the food I had yesterday for the Easter lunch!LOL
Thanks for sharing your experience, wonderful article! And very useful!
Hugs,
Adina
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2009
5:45 AM

Post #6440907

Hi Adina,
It is just after midnight here, and I am winding down, sipping a bit of chamomile tea. Glad you could join me!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 21, 2009
6:26 AM

Post #6440994

Hey, Sharon! It's been a pleasure! Sweet dreams!
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2009
7:43 AM

Post #6441061

Almost 3AM and when I see the by-line of Sharron Brown I know my spirits will be lifted and I will learn something useful. Thank you my friend. A Tea Party is just what I needed.

Christi
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

April 21, 2009
11:36 AM

Post #6441293

Sharon: I love afternoon tea! How did you know? My aunt and I used always to have tea when we were together, and I do mean a proper British tea. I prefer the high teas with a real spread and let the tea break serve as the last meal of the day. But I'll take tea in any form any time!

How fitting to read this wonderful article from you after my D-mail.

Hugs,

Angie

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 21, 2009
1:09 PM

Post #6441609

Especially enjoyed the rose hip tea Shar..
Always nice to sip a cup with friends..

Always nice to pass down a tradition to the next generation..as you know, am making a tea party table/chair set for my grand-niece..if I may, could I include your article...
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2009
1:47 PM

Post #6441743

I Love your articles!

Last year my little GreatGD was in Ft. Bragg and we didn't get to have her a birthday party...my DD told her we would have one the next month when they came home...well, some how she heard "tea party"...and she said "OH Grandma, I've never had a tea party!" So we HAD to have one for her.

Here is a picture of the table before the party started...all us "ladies" wore hats...although they were some I had in my Costume Box.

As I type this I am sitting at my computer having my FIRST cuppa of the morning. Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 21, 2009
3:07 PM

Post #6442141

How wonderful Jo..
Don't know how many times my grandfather sat with me sipping tea...memories never forgotten...
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2009
3:20 PM

Post #6442194

When I wrote this article some time ago, I thought how fun it would be to have a gathering of DG friends for a tea party. You could bring your hats, Jo, because I might not have enough.

With age, there comes nostalgia, sweet memories, and the knowledge of things that are important. Friends are right there at the top of the important list.

Christi, Angie, Betty, and Jo...thank you, I have just enough treasured china teacups for each of you, and plenty tea and time to share.

I hope your day is filled with sunshine.
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2009
4:46 AM

Post #6445849

Well...butter my butt and call me a biscuit...we're going to have our very own Tea Party!!

*practicing how to hold my little pinkie in the air* LOL jo
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2009
4:50 AM

Post #6445864

Jo, you are bad. Real bad.

Just you wait till September.

I baked myself some chocolate chip cookies tonight. Thought of you.
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

April 22, 2009
5:10 AM

Post #6445914

How come people always think of me if chocolate is involved...hmmm...don't answer that! JO
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2009
5:13 AM

Post #6445924

Heh heh heh...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Let's have a tea party! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blooms and tea seedpicker_TX 2 Apr 21, 2009 3:13 PM
Thank you for inviting me to your party Elena 4 Apr 21, 2009 5:16 PM
Thank you, Sharon, that was lovely! NanuBunny 3 Apr 21, 2009 6:01 PM
Teapots?? Sharran 10 Apr 27, 2009 4:03 PM
Tea phicks 3 May 15, 2009 10:05 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America