Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Let's have a tea party!: Teapots??

Communities > Forums > Article: Let's have a tea party!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Let's have a tea party!Replies: 10, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2009
5:45 PM

Post #6442962

I was thinking as I read your comments that it would be nice to see some of your favorite teapots. Most of mine have memories attached to them, but I got them all together along with some of my favorite creamers, even though I don't use cream in my tea. (There's always coffee for cream!)

My mother was a collector of elephants, so I have a few with an elephant shape, others from friends, but one of my favorites is on the left, many colors, and a gift from my late husband. He knew how I loved tea and had to live with my passion for color.

My grandmother had a little pottery shop in the 50's, and some of the creamers were from her shop, the tiny ones in particular. I have others, larger, from her shop as well, but didn't include them in the photo. The ones here are the ones I use most often.

Nice memories go well with tea.

It would be fun to see yours.

Thumbnail by Sharran
Click the image for an enlarged view.

zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2009
9:14 PM

Post #6443814

I have this one that stays on the Dining Table...picked it up at a second hand shop many years ago...

the two Rose Cup and Saucers were wedding gifts in the late 60's...

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2009
9:17 PM

Post #6443831

This is the Asian set made by a famous Taiwanese Potter in the 1980's that I got when when we lived in Taiwan.

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2009
9:43 PM

Post #6443940

Beautiful, both of them. I love teapots, but more, I love the stories that go with them. And it's nice to have choices, isn't it.

Thanks Trisha, very very pretty. You have an eclectic collection of cups and saucers too, I see.
zhinusmom
(Trisha) Olympia, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 21, 2009
9:49 PM

Post #6443975

Can't help it, I am always seeing a pretty cup and saucer that I really need to have, but have been forced to stop the collection because I don't have any more room fro them.I do love them!
dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 22, 2009
2:12 AM

Post #6445219

O and never ever wash your teapot. Teapots age with their history and the flavour of your tea increases with the age of your teapot. Swish with boiling water only. No soap. I also have different teapots for herbal and caffinated teas. I am planning a fun 'high tea' when we finish our garden hardscaping for my local gardening friends and mentioned this to my mother when I brought her out to visit last summer. One week later a big box of her and my grandmother's teacups arrived. I get misty whenever I think about this incredible gift from her. My high tea will be incredible just because of these cups. Thanks Sharron for another wonderful article. Never stop writing ma amie :-)
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2009
2:16 AM

Post #6445245

Hi Dahlia, my dancing friend!
Very nice to hear from you.

I should have said that in my article about washing the teapots, but failed to do so. Another thing, I have a different pot for my mints too.

Your mother is a lady after my own heart. I would not be able to get my teacups and saucers all in one photo, but I have those too...very delicate, some of them. You are so fortunate to have those your mother sent.

When you have your high tea, don't forget to show pictures and let me know. What a delightful idea.

Thanks for writing, ma chere...
dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 22, 2009
2:36 AM

Post #6445353

O I will share for sure Sharron. Hats and cravats will be mandatory for fun. It will be a luvly day in the garden. Tea as a social is a tradition that has been sadly forgotten IMPO and I think it will be a luvly event (unless we get h*a*i*l*e*d on and then it will be a bummer).
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2009
2:40 AM

Post #6445369

You will just have to do your no hail dance and move it right away from your garden.
paradiseyard
Houston, TX

April 27, 2009
3:37 PM

Post #6470224

I had read re not washing one's tea pot with soap; have already read that you can make a paste out of baking soda and a little water and put into your pot or cup (swish around with a paper towel) - rinse well; this paste removes the tea stains that sometimes builds up. I've done this many times and it has not affected tea flavors.

Sharran, your articles are blessings to me - they always teach me something or touch my Heart. Much thanks - Judy/Texas

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2009
4:03 PM

Post #6470332

Judy,
Thank you. And yes, the baking soda works, too. Thanks for reminding me.
Nice to hear from you, I hope you are enjoying your spring, and that it isn't too hot yet!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Let's have a tea party! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks for the nice tea! adinamiti 12 Apr 22, 2009 5:13 AM
Blooms and tea seedpicker_TX 2 Apr 21, 2009 3:13 PM
Thank you for inviting me to your party Elena 4 Apr 21, 2009 5:16 PM
Thank you, Sharon, that was lovely! NanuBunny 3 Apr 21, 2009 6:01 PM
Tea phicks 3 May 15, 2009 10:05 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America