Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Jayque and Eaggie go on their "Shakedown Cruise"

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

I promised some folks on several other forums that I would post these so, here goes. Just got a new camper, a Jayco Eagle SuperLite 298RLS. Since it's an Eagle, we figured it had to have a mascot. Since it's a Jayco (and since we name everything), we settled on a name. We started calling it "Jake" (admittedly, not original, but wait....). We decided that if it was going to have an "ordinary" name like that, it would have a different spelling. So, here is his license plate and, we'll introduce his mascot, "Eaggie" (pronounced "iggy").

This message was edited Apr 23, 2009 10:20 PM

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Eaggie will now give you a tour - first the outside....

This is a photo of NanuBunny introducing Eaggie to his Daddy's image:

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

And here is a photo of Pa (NanuBunny's DH) explaining Family History to Eaggie:

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Some outside views:

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

From the back, showing the slide-out:

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

From the front - Eaggie contemplating his Daddy's likeness...

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Eaggie now invites you inside, with some help from NanuBunny

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

These are our swivel rockers, and notice the lovely picture window. (We're just sitting in the driveway, so there isn't much to see just now, unless you want to look at the garage door...NOT).

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

And the sofa which is a hide-a-bed (with an inflatable mattress). Not only does it cut down on the weight, it completely gets rid of the evil "rod" that always finds you when you sleep on a hide-a-bed!

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Well, drat, I hit "Send" before I put the photo in the last posting - but here's the photo:

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Here's our free-standing table and chairs that we got instead of the booth dinette. Less storage, but more flexible seating, when we have visitors!

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

A view of the kitchen (with the slide in)

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

The kitchen, expanded (cleanup after first breakfast in the trailer), at Rocky Hock Campground in Edenton, NC. You can see the detachable extension to the kitchen counter. It's the perfect place for the toaster oven!

This message was edited Apr 23, 2009 10:12 PM

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

The bedroom, with the rest of Eaggie's family. Now, the family requires some explanation. The two white bears are supposed to be us, NanuBunny and Pa. They're Build-A-Bears, constructed by the kids who surprised us with them a few Christmases ago. The little bear in the middle is Sawyer, and he came as a gift from Habitat for Humanity. Eaggie, is, of course perched up high on the pillow. He does not ride there, however, after the first leg of the trip to Edenton, when he tumbled off and bumped his little beak. Now, NanuBunny (the bear) holds him while the coach is moving.

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

An outside view from our first camping trip, this past weekend at Rocky Hock Campground - the picture includes our tow vehicle, my F-150, named "Tiny" (I did mention that we name everything, didn't I?):

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

It was a great first trip, and we enjoyed the entertainment provided by the campground. If you look at the last photo, you will see a large red barnlike structure in the background (over on the left). That is "David's New Red Barn". It is a great entertainment venue with a lot of tables, a great stage, and a super sound system. On Friday Nights, a local core group, and various invited musicians play country, bluegrass and Gospel music, and they have LOTS of dancing, both couples and line dancing. Entertainment on Saturday night varies, and this past Saturday it was karaoke night. (First time we've ever seen karaoke where everyone was REALLY GOOD!). Well, Eaggie has fallen asleep, and I think I'll go do the same!

Love to all,

NanuBunny (and Pa, and Eaggie, and Jayque, and Tiny, etc., etc., etc.) say Goodnight, ya'll!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Oooh, your new mobile digs looks great, Bonnie. So does the part with the kitchen table bump out or where the two chairs are (or both?). Looks like you have plenty of room in there. The sofabed with its air mattress is a winner, I think. I've always thought air mattresses pretty comfortable, myself -- a lot better than those "beds" on sleeper sofas, like you said.

Crossville, TN

Bonnie...That is "uptown digs!!"...All your menagerie needs now is a Roadrunner...COME GET ME!!!! LOL Jo

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Jo, we'd LOVE to collect a roadrunner! Wish you were going to be at the RoundUp!

Blessings,

Bonnie

Crossville, TN

I may just surprise you...don't lock your door!! Jo

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

That's a really nice camper. You're going to enjoy it. I'm sure.

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Checking in from work. Thanks, Cajun, we're really happy with it. We loved our other one, a used 26 ft. Jayco Jay Feather, but it had no place to sit. When we were on mission trips, it didn't matter, because we'd come back from a day of building or repairing houses and just crash. The sofa was a futon-type arrangement, very hard with a seat that tilted forward (so you felt like you were always sliding off) and no arms. The only other place to sit and read was the bed, and it had no headboard so there was nothing to lean against. I loved the interior - the wood was maple, and the colors were cranberry and tan, very cheerful and bright. In fact, I liked the colors a lot better than "new Jayque's", but having a place to sit and the extra room is just great for vacations on rainy days, or days when it's too hot or the mosquitoes threaten to carry you off. We're really looking forward to taking it to Prizer Point! Sure hope you and your DH can make it!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Ours isn't made for comfort but it's a refuge from the elements. Of course, it's a horse trailer so the manufacturer likely figures you'll be outside most of the time anyway with the horses.

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Comfort is a relative thing. It's also age-related. Having had horses, I think there's great comfort in being able to go a few steps to pat some noses, and in knowing that your four-legged family members are nearby. Also having done both trail rides and horse shows, my recollection is that horse shows are either when it's cold and rainy or hotter than blue Hades with no shade. Anything can happen on a trail ride (including a dunk in a creek), and anything that shelters you from the elements is comfort, in my book. :-) I also think there is no such thing as an ex-horse person. I find that you can sell all your horses, and tack, and you still just about wreck the car watching them in a field. I take every opportunity that I can get to rub those velvet noses. How wonderful that you can have them with you at home and when you travel. I think your camper is a perfect arrangement for your lifestyle. How about some photos? I'm curious about the arrangement.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I'll have to take some of the interior. Here is the outside. It is parked at the barn. DH has to move the fenceline so we could make room for it. It needs a paint job bad. We bought it second hand and it needs a bit of work but it has been really great moving up from a 2 horse to a 3 horse with LQs. We had to do that when Knock started trail riding with us and we have never regretted it. The trailer had an awning on it but the wind took it off going down the road. We had never figured out how to unroll it. We will get another for it. Hopefully one with instructions. LOL

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I just finished putting new cabinets in a trailer. It was a 2 horse model with living quarters.
I man bought a new cook top & a new furnace as well.
His wife died a number of years ago, so he just loads the horses & takes off for parts unknown. Last summer he spent 4 weeks in the Black Hills, SD.

Bernie

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Wow, Cajun, how long is that beastie? It looks perfect for your situation. I find that a lot more interesting than the current "toy haulers", although I'm sure my Harley-riding friends would disagree. Like you, I would prefer to ride something that only produces bio-degradable waste products. What's your tow vehicle? I would imagine with three horses in it and the LQ, you probably need a 3/4 - 1 ton truck. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the inside.

I know what you mean about the awning. We had that kind of awning on our old trailer and we hardly ever used it (and we had the instructions). It was just such a pain, that unless we were going to sit outside for a good long time, it was hardly worth the effort. The new one has an electric awning, with the Extend/Retract button just inside the trailer. Okay, so we're getting lazy in our old age.... Hmmmm - wonder if you could retro-fit an electric one? ;-)

Bernie, having seen pictures of your beautiful cabinetry, I imagine that what you put in that trailer was a quantum improvement over the original cabinets. OMG, 4 weeks in the Black Hills - that sounds like a dream to me!

This message was edited May 6, 2009 3:33 PM

Crossville, TN

Bernie...He sounds just like the man I am looking for!! (I guess I could get used to the smell of horse poop!)...LOL Jo.

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Hey, Bernie, maybe he'd like to come to the Kentucky Roundup. Does he have two horses? How do you feel about trail riding, Jo? ;-)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

He has 2 horses.
His wife was from Metropolis, IL, so he is familiar with Ohio River Valley.

I don't think he is ready for a new lady in his life. Sorry,
Bernie

Crossville, TN

Just as well...I haven't "sat a horse" in many moons...LOL Jo

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Sitting at North River Campground in Shawboro, NC, listening to the tree frogs serenading the lady tree frogs. We visited the Grandy Greenhouse and Farm Market today (beautiful strawberries, South Carolina peaches and lettuce that was picked a half hour before we bought it). The campground had a pig pickin' and a live country/bluegrass band, and we thought we'd post some pictures of the campground (one of the nicest we've ever been in), and Jayque. The sites are situated so that when you come out your door, you're not looking at your neighbor's sewer hose. The patios are concrete, as you can see, and the entire campground is beautifully landscaped. It gets better every year, and the owners really love what they do. I'd recommend it to anyone. Here's Jayque at his campsite:

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Here's a photo from the other side - you can see how the sites are landscaped.

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Here's one across the lake at some of the other sites. There's a nice amount of green space between the patios.

This message was edited May 16, 2009 8:08 PM

Thumbnail by NanuBunny
Crossville, TN

How beautiful!

Don't you want to adopt me??? Please, pretty please?? Jo

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Jo! It really is a beautiful campground. Consider yourself adopted!

Bonnie

Crossville, TN

Thanks, Ma!! Jo Nanubunny. LOL

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

:-D !!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I want to be adopted also. Can't have you playing favorites can we? I am reminded of the Smother's Brothers routine about, "Mother always liked you best!" :>)

Crossville, TN

Elena...You're just afraid I'll be in line for more chocolate treats than you!!

I still think I can take you in a fair fight! Jo Nanubunny.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.