Photo by Melody

Article: Spring Bulb Blooms May Be Finished but the Gardening Isn't: Thanks for the Tips!

Communities > Forums > Article: Spring Bulb Blooms May Be Finished but the Gardening Isn't
bookmark
Forum: Article: Spring Bulb Blooms May Be Finished but the Gardening Isn'tReplies: 6, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Potagere

April 25, 2009
1:49 PM

Post #6460957

This answered a lot of questions I have had about my bulbs and saved me doing a lot of research before deciding what to do with the vast plantings I have! Thanks so much for the specific and very clear info!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 25, 2009
5:48 PM

Post #6461803

So happy to have been of service to you!
Potagere

April 25, 2009
6:11 PM

Post #6461883

Hah! Wait until it's time to dig and divide! I may ship you a few hundred bulbs!
gailadams
Hot Springs National, AR

April 27, 2009
2:55 PM

Post #6470020

This article is wonderful and has given me exactly what I needed to know. I was planning on investing in a lot of bulbs this fall. Now I know what I am doing. Thanks.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 27, 2009
3:27 PM

Post #6470169

Potagere- I'll have the holes dug ...

galadams- happy to help!
bozley
Columbus, OH

April 28, 2009
6:02 PM

Post #6475469

My favorite way of tying up daffodils is to twist the leaves and double them up on themselves. A rubber band over the group gives you enough room to start planting your annuals. I've done this for 25 years and here is a picture of them from this spring. They line the walkway to my side door. The only other thing I would like to say is that your listings of spring bulbs did not include King Alfred daffodils and Greigi tulips which are strongly long lasting.

Thumbnail by bozley
Click the image for an enlarged view.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 29, 2009
6:33 AM

Post #6478434

bozley- Nothing better than years of experience to tell us what works. Your picture proves it.
and thanks for the recommendations for varieties. I even have a few Greigii tulips in my yard, which have bloomed for several years.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Spring Bulb Blooms May Be Finished but the Gardening Isn't Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Handy! art_n_garden 9 Apr 29, 2009 11:12 PM
Iris MarikaF 1 Apr 30, 2009 2:33 AM
Unused refrigerated bulbs mgrwitness 1 Mar 28, 2012 3:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America