Pics of nursery run to Rita's ( Randolphs greenhouses)

Olive Branch, MS

A perfect day with the perfect group of people. As always Rita's was a lot of fun and I think everyone took home more then we really needed. Here is a pic of Rita doing a "drive by"

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Let the fun begin.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Terrye wasting no time on getting started.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Exactly what is Kim and Kathy Ann doing? I bet they got whatever it was they where after.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Lamar trying to find out where Ruth wandered off to.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Sharon is using this small pot as a decoy for what she is really trying to get.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

This Agave was just to big to fit under his shirt.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

After being busted by Rita, Jim still got a start of the Agave.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Ruth trying to be slick taking plants out of a stranger trunk.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Watching in amazement as Ruth takes the plants out of the trunk.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2009 9:05 PM

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Sandra on the phone as Terrye does all the loading. Is this why you bring Terrye along Sandra?

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Kim what did you say to Bonnie to make her leave the table?

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Kathy Ann, Bonnie and Kim. Kim would never stop talking, not even for a pic.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

Kim must of had an itch or something.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

No matter where we went we where followed by this little blue car. It looked like Kim in the passengers seat, but I could not see a driver.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Kenny - it looks like Ruth had an itch too. Hmmmmm.

I had soooo much fun. It seems like i am so wound up now after having 2 days of nothing but plant fun with the best of friends ! What more could a person ask for?

Thumbnail by n2birds

Kenny - where's the pics of Kim riding the bucking bronco ?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hiliarious!! Great pics and dialogue..... thanks for including us in your day! Looks like ya'll had a great time !

I am envious.....

Genna

Here's the farthest traveled group.
KA, Kim (AR); Melody, Lisa (KY) and Terry and her sweet daughter from Murfreesboro. Terry, your daughter is such a sweetheart ! It was so nice to get to meet you, Melody, and Lisa.

Hey Kim - I don't think the purple flowers smell - so what are you doing there?

Thumbnail by n2birds

Genna - I sure wish you could have come. I know you would have had to have had a great time with this bunch ! We sure missed those that didn't get to. When we went to eat, we were amazed that the total count for lunch was actually 20 people. For this not to have been a plant swap - that is really amazing.

When we told Casey Jones that we needed a table for 20 people - the young man said he about passed out. So, we kindly volunteered Ruth to go help clean up the table for us all to eat on. Thanks Ruth! Otherwise, we may have had to eat all seperately.

Melody & Lisa -
I think those white caladiums were some we all came home with. Now I wish I had bought more of them.

Thumbnail by n2birds

Kenny, Ruth (the one in the middle ignoring me) and Amanda (Sandra's daughter).

edited to say - the cute little red head on the far right is 1 of Sandra's DGD's. Both of Amanda's girls came, and they were both so good to be amongst so many nuts in 1 bunch.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2009 9:35 PM

Thumbnail by n2birds
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL ..... I am sure ya'll were a quiet, mild group.... no one even knew you were there !!! LOL NOT !!

Maybe next year..... I needed to work in my garden today but I didn't get far because it started raining !! I did manage to get some more seeds planted in jugs though for my flower beds!! I just wish the get togethers were a little more spread out !

Genna

One year Genna, it seemed we were doing something every month. We hated saying bye so bad, so we just planned another event for the next month so we could see each other again. I tell you - it is really hard to say bye to such friends that you had so much fun with.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I have had the priviledge of meeting several of the DG folks - and have thoroughly enjoyed it .... really looking for ward to next weekend and seeing several of them again. Then hopefully it will be on to Jeri's just three weeks from now! I just wish this trip to Rita's hadn't been so close to the others..... as I have a HUGE to do list here that I am barely making a dent in !! LOL but then it is that way ALL the time !!

Too bad there isn't someone from that direction coming to Debras so that you could come with them......

Genna

I totally understand Genna. You end up having to pick and choose when you have a busy life. It is hard to because it really does do my soul alot of good.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL No itch...pants were falling down from sweating so much! LOL I am a little nervous about seeing me on the horse. lol

We had the most wonderful time! Words just cannot express how much KA and I love each of you!

KA took a few pictures at Bonnie's house. I will post them tomorrow.

Olive Branch, MS

Kim the horse pic will show up in a few days. Glad to see ya'll made it back safe and sound.

And man, did we do some sweating! Wish my pants would fall down from sweating. I don't seem to have that problem, Kim. lol.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Kim - did you and Marilyn enjoy your stay in the hotel??

Genna

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

We had a great day and the weather was perfect, it was good to see everyone again with everyone shopping and going in all directions there just wasn't enough visiting time.

Ruth

Bonnie, I bet we lost lots of weight today from all of the toting and sweating...we should be able to fit into a size 3 tomorrow. LOL

Actually, it was Kathy Ann and I that stayed in Jackson. However, we were informed that there was no reservation in our name. But, they got a us a suite next door (for the same price!) and all worked out. Anyway, the room was spectacular! We both gave Jeff several hugs for sending us ;o)

Ruth as always, it is so good to see you and Lamar! You both make me laugh all the time!

By the way.........we would like to invite y'all to go with us to shop for plants in Memphis next year. LOL

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I had fun looking through all the pictures Kenny, You DONE good! LOL

I did have an awesome time too. Darren helped me unload all the plants I picked up today and yesterday, he kept asking me , Mom I thought you weren't going to rebuild the greenhouse, Why are you stocking back up on plants ? LOL.

It was wonderful meeting some new folks this time around. If you folks that didn't get to come ever get the chance to, meeting at Rita's every year is a trip you won't want to ever miss...

Did you happen to find my missing hostas, KA? I am glad that you had some help getting out all of the plants...because you had a few!

I too, am so happy to have met some people for the first time. It is so very nice to be able to put a face to a name! I hope to see all of you there again, next year!

Ripley, MS

From Bonnie's house yesterday

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Bonnie's baby

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

One of Bonnies many Japanese Maples, they are everywhere and beautiful !!!

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

another

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Cayla made these with her camera phone

Thumbnail by slcdms

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.