Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Soap and Candle-making: Has anybody been making Reed Diffuser Oil?

Communities > Forums > Soap and Candle-making
bookmark
Forum: Soap and Candle-makingReplies: 4, Views: 106
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
KatG
Port Charlotte, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 26, 2009
3:40 AM

Post #6463843

I've made a few along the way using various essential/fragrance oils. I tested one fragrance out in January and it's still going strong in April. I just made 50 for a Florist friend - bottled, labeled and blended. The thing is, it's very expensive to make when you are using good oils. However, I guess that's what separates good diffusers from bad. I've personally bought some that last for a week. This blended rose fragrance has been great and people really like it.

I can't believe I labled and filled 50 - 9oz bottles without getting a drop of oil on the bottle or label! hehe. That's the beauty of funnels! hehehe!

Thumbnail by KatG
Click the image for an enlarged view.

dmac085
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2009
2:11 AM

Post #7408389

What fragrances are you using? I've sorta been disappointed with the commercial blends I've tried. Of course it probably doesn't help that my favorite fragrances are herbal and citrus which tend to be lighter scents.
KatG
Port Charlotte, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 2, 2010
5:17 PM

Post #7420034

The citrus doesn't really hold dmac - However, I did make some with a citrus fragrance from Snowdrift farms called "Satsuma" that seems to work. I make a lot of rose as I found 2 great scent from Wholesale Supplies Plus that I mix together - English Tea rose and Fresh cut roses. It's not overpowering or sickening and lasts for months!
dmac085
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 2, 2010
7:35 PM

Post #7420398

Thanks, I'll check those out. I've poked around the Snowdrift site but haven't ordered before. The other company is new to me so I'll check them out too. Thanks!

Donna
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2010
8:23 PM

Post #7857120

This message was edited Aug 12, 2010 7:42 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Soap and Candle-making Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome! Terry 14 Aug 21, 2007 9:24 AM
I got wax and empty pop bottles for christmas veeja3 10 Jun 1, 2010 7:56 PM
Who are the soapmakers??? gingerlily 73 Nov 12, 2007 1:05 AM
New at making soap Patty08 62 Dec 19, 2007 2:35 PM
Hello, new candlemaker to this forum... waxedout 11 Aug 10, 2014 8:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America