Has anybody been making Reed Diffuser Oil?

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

I've made a few along the way using various essential/fragrance oils. I tested one fragrance out in January and it's still going strong in April. I just made 50 for a Florist friend - bottled, labeled and blended. The thing is, it's very expensive to make when you are using good oils. However, I guess that's what separates good diffusers from bad. I've personally bought some that last for a week. This blended rose fragrance has been great and people really like it.

I can't believe I labled and filled 50 - 9oz bottles without getting a drop of oil on the bottle or label! hehe. That's the beauty of funnels! hehehe!

Thumbnail by KatG
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

What fragrances are you using? I've sorta been disappointed with the commercial blends I've tried. Of course it probably doesn't help that my favorite fragrances are herbal and citrus which tend to be lighter scents.

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

The citrus doesn't really hold dmac - However, I did make some with a citrus fragrance from Snowdrift farms called "Satsuma" that seems to work. I make a lot of rose as I found 2 great scent from Wholesale Supplies Plus that I mix together - English Tea rose and Fresh cut roses. It's not overpowering or sickening and lasts for months!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks, I'll check those out. I've poked around the Snowdrift site but haven't ordered before. The other company is new to me so I'll check them out too. Thanks!

Donna

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

This message was edited Aug 12, 2010 7:42 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images