-
AuthorContent
cbrandenburg
Freedom, PA
(Zone 6a)

April 27, 2009
10:01 PM

Post #6471742

My niece sent me this information today about relief from bee stings.

Bee Stings

This information may be something to remember, as this season will soon be here again...

It might be wise to carry a penny in your pocket while working in the yard... BEE STINGS !

A couple of weeks ago, I was stung by both a bee and hornet while working in the garden. My arm swelled up, so I went to the doctor. The clinic gave me cream and an antihistamine. The next day the swelling was getting progressively worse, so I went to my regular doctor. The arm was Infected and needed an antibiotic. The doctor told me - "The next time you get stung, put a penny on the bite for 15 minutes".

That night, my niece was stung by two bees. I looked at the bite and it had already started to swell. So, I taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next morning, there was no sign of a bite. We decided that she just wasn't allergic to the sting.

Soon, I was gardening outside. I got stung again, twice by a hornet on my left hand. I thought, here I go again to the doctor for another antibiotic.

I promptly got my money out and taped two pennies to my bites, then sat and sulked for 15 minutes. The penny took the string out of the bite immediately.

In the meantime the hornets were attacking, and my friend was stung on the thumb. Again the penny. The next morning I could only see the spot where the hornet had stung me. No redness, no swelling. My friend's sting was the same; couldn't even tell where she had been stung.

She got stung again a few days later upon her back---cutting the grass! And the penny worked once again.

Wanted to share this marvelous information in case you experience the same problem. We need to keep a stock of pennies on hand..

The doctor said that the copper in the penny counteracts the bite. It definitely works!

Please pass this information on to your friends, children, grandchildren.

I was always told to use Honey, and it also works, takes the stinging away in a few minutes and no reddness.

Cathy

knpeterson
Waynesville, MO

April 28, 2009
1:47 PM

Post #6474307

Thank you so much for the info, I will certainly try this if I get stung. Wasps are my mortal enemy and hate me. I get stung frequently.
knpeterson
Waynesville, MO

April 28, 2009
1:48 PM

Post #6474311

Also, sounds like you have a hornets nest you need to get rid of! LOL!
cbrandenburg
Freedom, PA
(Zone 6a)

April 28, 2009
5:28 PM

Post #6475321

No hornets nest here, my niece sent me this information from someone who passed it on to her. We get stung a lot by honey bees because of the hives. I will try it and see if it works.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beekeeping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
To catch a honey bee... WUVIE 10 Mar 25, 2007 11:18 PM
Dead Bees countryfarms 17 Oct 7, 2010 11:42 AM
New Beekeepers SwarmCatcher 10 Sep 12, 2009 3:51 PM
Bee sting - bee stinger mygardens 27 Nov 12, 2008 4:04 PM
Bees in the ground starlight1153 45 Sep 9, 2009 9:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America