News from Mary E

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Mary's husband had a heart attack yesterday. He had to be air lifted to Boise and is resting comfortably. The drs. are trying to stabilize his blood pressure, tomorrow they are going to run dye through his veins and find out if any damage has occurred.

Please keep them in your prayers. They are a neat family.

~Lisa

southeast, NE

Thank you Lisa for passing this information on. Our prayers are with Mary and her husband and family.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Our's,too.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Update: I'm back home but hubby has to stay until at least tomorrow. In the morning I will call the hospital before I leave here. It's about 150 miles one way, so if he can't come home then I have to think what I want to do. The choices woud be 1, go anyhow, spend another $60 for a motel room and hope he could come home the next day, or 2, wait until the next day to go and hope they'r be tired of him by then. Oh, I guess 3 choices, I could drive down in the morning, stay all day, drive back home, and go again the next day.

He had an angiogram this morning, they wanted to put in a stent but his heart plumbing is full of u turns and zig zags, so they couldn't do it. They did get pictures where the damaged place shows and they said it isn't very large. The incision where they inserted the tube in the artery in his groin was still leaking blood when I left about 5 hrs after they did the proceedure, so I hope that it will clot overnight. He is on blood thinners. This incident will produce lifestyle changes, diet, exercise, weight loss, and he'll be taking blood thinners for the rest of his life. Oh boy, life is full of adjustments!

Thank you all for your prayers. I got a pretty good night's sleep last night at a motel, and today I am still running on adrenaline.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

I hope he's go to go this morning - take care of yourself, too.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I'm just finding this thread. I will surely be praying for both of you. I have been thinking of you all lately and wondering how things were at your place. He will have to slow down a bit and give into age like the rest of us. It is not easy when our minds tell us we are still young, strong and healthy but our bodies refuse to get with the program. LOL Please give him our best wishes.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Thanks, I brought him home May 1. His days consist of naps, reading or watching tv between light meals and snacks of fruit, nuts or pumpkin seeds, etc. Visitors make him tired even when they don't stay long. The incision and groin area is still very bruised and swollen, so he is not stepping lively yet, but every day he feels a little bit stronger.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images