Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)house: Question about purchasing a greenhouse

Communities > Forums > Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)house
bookmark
Forum: Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)houseReplies: 1, Views: 118
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sueannmail
Pocatello, ID

April 29, 2009
3:02 AM

Post #6477973

I live in Southeastern Idaho, sadly for a gardener the growning season is short, particularly if you live at 5000 ft elevation, zone 3-4 and have a love for all things green through zone 10!
Hence my only hope other than a move south is to purchase a greenhouse. Can anyone make suggestions about where I may want to begin with a budget of $1,000 - $5,000? I am thinking of a minimum size of 8'x12' and working from there. I want to use this through the year and the temperature usually drops below freezing toward the end of October-April, sometimes even into May. What would the essentials be? Where should I start? Space is not an issue.
Thank you so much to anyone who can make suggestions.

Desperately seeking the sun in Idaho,
SueAnn
Victoriastar
Lexington, KY

April 17, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9086169

Just curious as to what you bought for a greenhouse and how do you like it? I am still considering Sunglo.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)house Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excellent information Riverland 5 Jun 5, 2009 4:43 PM
My first "Greenhouse" weidner 0 Dec 10, 2007 1:44 PM
4 Season Affordable Greenhouse coloradogrower 4 Nov 10, 2011 10:49 PM
Cedar Built Greenhouse of BC Diva_D 0 Mar 18, 2010 3:47 PM
Home Depot Greenhouse! Nokota 0 Apr 15, 2011 6:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America