Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)house: Question about purchasing a greenhouse

Communities > Forums > Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)house
bookmark
Forum: Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)houseReplies: 1, Views: 118
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sueannmail
Pocatello, ID

April 29, 2009
3:02 AM

Post #6477973

I live in Southeastern Idaho, sadly for a gardener the growning season is short, particularly if you live at 5000 ft elevation, zone 3-4 and have a love for all things green through zone 10!
Hence my only hope other than a move south is to purchase a greenhouse. Can anyone make suggestions about where I may want to begin with a budget of $1,000 - $5,000? I am thinking of a minimum size of 8'x12' and working from there. I want to use this through the year and the temperature usually drops below freezing toward the end of October-April, sometimes even into May. What would the essentials be? Where should I start? Space is not an issue.
Thank you so much to anyone who can make suggestions.

Desperately seeking the sun in Idaho,
SueAnn
Victoriastar
Lexington, KY

April 17, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9086169

Just curious as to what you bought for a greenhouse and how do you like it? I am still considering Sunglo.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)house Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excellent information Riverland 5 Jun 5, 2009 4:43 PM
My first "Greenhouse" weidner 0 Dec 10, 2007 1:44 PM
4 Season Affordable Greenhouse coloradogrower 4 Nov 10, 2011 10:49 PM
Cedar Built Greenhouse of BC Diva_D 0 Mar 18, 2010 3:47 PM
Home Depot Greenhouse! Nokota 0 Apr 15, 2011 6:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America