Photo by Melody

Article: ‘Kentucky Colonel’ Spearmint: It’s Not Just About the Juleps: Thanks Jill...

Communities > Forums > Article: ‘Kentucky Colonel’ Spearmint: It’s Not Just About the Juleps
bookmark
Forum: Article: ‘Kentucky Colonel’ Spearmint: It’s Not Just About the JulepsReplies: 2, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

postmandug

postmandug
Bardstown, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 30, 2009
10:12 AM

Post #6483076

for a timely article for us Kentuckians! We certainly do love this time of year. The flowers are blooming, the horses are running and there is a festive mood in the air.

Doug
KimmyCoCoPop
Taylorsville, KY

April 30, 2009
11:46 AM

Post #6483214

Yay ! I met my husband at the Kentucky Derby and I moved here in 1994. This is very special time of year here and the state of Kentucky is gorgeous--all times of the year. I moved here from Michigan and I think I gained 6 weeks of growing time at each of the season. Therefore, I've become a much better gardener. Around here, you can find julep cups in antique stores, etc. and I use the one that got when my best friend from Alaska was here visiting (there were two in the store so we each got one as a remembrance) for a really lovely vase. Thank you for spreading the word...you always have GREAT articles.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 30, 2009
10:13 PM

Post #6485609

Thanks! Derby Day is special to me, too, although I've only cheered from the couch in front of the TV rather than from the stands!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: ‘Kentucky Colonel’ Spearmint: It’s Not Just About the Juleps Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Recipe Sharran 25 May 2, 2009 6:28 AM
Yummy recipes! artemiss 1 Apr 30, 2009 10:10 PM
Tempting! nbgard 3 May 5, 2009 2:25 PM
Mint phicks 2 Apr 30, 2009 10:17 PM
I love that mint also taynors 2 May 1, 2009 1:32 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America