Cybister Santa Rosa has produced seeds

Aschaffenburg, Germany

but no roots. I know cybisters are lazy when it comes to growing roots, but with this one I had noticed somebody had chipped off quite a bit of the basal plate and wonder if the bulb would grow roots later on the side of the basal plate. I have taken it out of the soil to investigate if the cause is red blotch or another disease,,,but it seems ok. I will wait another 2-3 weeks till the seeds are ready and replant the bulb then or use it for chipping -- don't know yet.

Martin

Thumbnail by gofast
Ladson, SC

Thank you for showing the seed pods on the plant. I didn't know they were so small.

The information on the roots helped me. I always had hard time growing them.
I am interested in species. Do you grow them?

Aschaffenburg, Germany

I have started with species...I bought a huge h. Mandonii bulb, don't ask me how much I paid for it...

Martin

Ladson, SC

I know how much they cost, I bought one also and it had a warm eating rigt in the bulb

Ewing, VA

My friend also bought one of those mandoniis. How sure can one be if it is REALLY a mandonii??? I received my friend's mandonii bulb and it looked like a CRINUM bulb infested with STAG. YIkes!!!

I do not grow crinums but doesn't it look like one????

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Now $60-$70 for this bulb might sound cheap compared to how much others are selling it. But take a look at what's inside it!!! Gezzzzzzzz......

Thumbnail by mariava7

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.