Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Landscaping: How to stop weeds under fence.

Communities > Forums > Beginner Landscaping
bookmark
Forum: Beginner LandscapingReplies: 3, Views: 87
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
summerblue
Ambler, PA
(Zone 6b)

May 1, 2009
10:11 PM

Post #6490449

I posted not to long ago about privacy with my wrought iron fence. I have already planted some hedges and some climbing roses. Now I need to ask what to do about the weeds under the fence. I am pulling up the weeds and was thinking about putting small stones under there. Is that a good idea? Could anyone show pictures of what is under their fences? Thanks again for any help.
NatureLover1950
Vicksburg, MS
(Zone 8a)

May 2, 2009
12:58 PM

Post #6492454

If you want to put stones, I would suggest you put some good, heavy landscape fabric down first and put the stones on top. The fabric will block the weeds and the stones will hold it in place.
summerblue
Ambler, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 3, 2009
5:17 PM

Post #6636602

Thanks so much for your reply. I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back here, I have bought the weed fabric and will be starting this weekend. : )
pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2009
5:37 PM

Post #6636683

Let us know how it works out for you. It's an excellent suggestion and there's no point in weeding when you could be having fun in the garden.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Landscaping Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Landscaping forum! dave 65 Dec 11, 2011 8:57 PM
Landscape Transformation - join me! LarissaH 7 Mar 4, 2007 10:31 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new , and I need some landscaping help. Mrsfed04 32 Mar 9, 2012 9:12 PM
Encourage growth to Arborvitae carbo3595 15 Jul 2, 2010 8:11 PM
Update on our lanscaping situation. Mrsfed04 8 Jun 12, 2011 11:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America