Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

What's wrong with my squash, shiny spots on leaves

Savannah, GA

At a distance it just looks like shiny spots but up close it looks like blisters, it seems to be the new growth and it's not on every plant. Also, the leaves do not seem to be dying.

I wonder if I have overdone fertilizer. I add 10:10:10 periodically. I also have fed a few times with the fertilizer boca bob sells. Everything really seems to like it. I have also periodically used epson salts.

Savannah, GA

Here is a pic.

Thumbnail by margocstn
Savannah, GA

Here is a close up. You can't really tell but the shiny spots look like they are "delaminating". Like there is a "bubble" or something. That leaf pictured is pretty big though.

Savannah, GA

Dang, I've been searching and it seems like mosaic virus. But the leaves are not yellow?!?! I don't know what else it could be.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Nothing is wrong with your squash leaves. That is the natural pattern they develop as they grow. I'm sure other will chime in. So relax, your plant looks great!

Moss Point, MS(Zone 8b)

I've seen that many times before, especially on zukes. I've got some new zukes just up about 3 days ago and one has that on it's first real leaf. Very normal and I'd think some varieties even more so than others.

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm sure glad to hear this news because two of my perfectly healthy squash have leaves on them like this! They are thriving, growing and happy, just have a speckled leaf or two. I won't worry about them now, thanks!

Savannah, GA

Thank goodness I read this thread before I panicked! The leaves looked to vigorous to be sick though. Thanks for putting me at ease.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.