Spring Blooms in the UMW

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Seemed like the right time for a spring blooms thread, to take over where the What's Growing thread left off.

Here's a hyacinth in my front walk garden.

Thumbnail by KaylyRed
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Well cents we started a new Thread I wilkl send some pictures of what is blooming what the names are I have no idea so here we go
Dimmer
This is the corner by garage

Thumbnail by Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

This is some of the Daffodils in front of the house

Thumbnail by Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is more front

Thumbnail by Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Front yard

Thumbnail by Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I love this tree it has white blooms and tulips in front

Thumbnail by Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

This is in the back and its all red bloom with a peony brush in front

Thumbnail by Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is another brush that I love it has green leave and the blooms are Fuchsia

Thumbnail by Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

OK there is more but I don't want to boar you all with pictures
My herb garden soon I will plant some vegtables and I just had to get and try that Topsy turvry For Tomatoes just to see if that works

Thumbnail by Dimmer
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Bore us! I have been waiting for MONTHS now for color! I'm enjoying them all. I took pictures over the weekend and will maybe post some later. Have to get them on here (laptop) first.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I agree with cece--I could never get bored with pictures of plants and blooms. Your daffodils and other blooms make me smile, Dimmer!

And everyone else...keep 'em comin!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Got 'em on here and renamed; need to see if I can find them now. :)

In front of my sun room...........

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

sidewalk by gafage bed outside of sun room

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

whoops spelled garage wrong.....

the forget-me-knots DS#1 got for me for mothers day at Eberts

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

now what happened. they disappeared. Go find them and be back.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I love the forget-me-nots! How long are they supposed to bloom?

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

try this again, nope they''re gone; :(

I'm not sure Kayly....but they sure were and are a beautiful sight for sore eyes? Hopefully they'll last through to June if not longer.

This message was edited May 4, 2009 8:56 AM

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

My white bleeding heart ignore the mess around it that bed is not slated for cleanup till end of the week.

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

hyacinth in back

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Anise hyssop, Husker's Red, Blk-eye Susan, trumpet lilie

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

butterfly/hummingbird/fairy bed in back

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

front yard dayliliy, iris bed with a couple heuchera Lilac 'Paliban' and a red peony in there as well.

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

in front of my porch

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

a couple more please? then I'll stop another in the front yard.

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

res bleeding heart

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

oops spelled red wrong oh well.....

okay I lied, one more......I've been trying to get a picture of an Oriole for two years. It seems they're camera shy but anyway I manage to get one of one in the tree. This was taken with zoom to so you know how far up he was.

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Okay I promise I'm done now. Anyone else have pictures to share?

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Everything's comin' on strong, cece! Pretty oriole, too. I only saw one in my yard (at my old house) last year, but he didn't want to stick around for some reason. I put out oranges but I think some of the bully birds (we had a lot of cow birds) chased him and his mate away.

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Well I went and did a few thing I do have to take a nap cause I work night shift so I need rest that Live lane kills me but here is what I did today
This is my plant holer Tospy turbey bad speller

Thumbnail by Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

And I started a garden

Thumbnail by Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

This has my strawberry's and Asparagus

Thumbnail by Dimmer
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I've read and learned from experience the oranges may attract but grape jelly is what keeps them coming back. This year I have 2 jelly feeders up; 1 for a jar of grape jelly and 1 that has two jelly stations and 2 places for 1/2 oranges. I have 3 this year that have gotten to where they hang around a few hours a day as long as the camera isn't out. They seem to be camera shy. This morning I was out filling one of the feeders and two of them decided to come to the feeders even with me standing there, so I'm making progress with them.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

How cool, cece! I think I'll have to try attracting them now that I don't live quite so close to the red wing blackbirds and cowbird hangouts. They seemed to bully all my favorite birds away. I was sad when my indigo bunting and goldfinches stopped coming to the feeder regularly.

Took a few photos today. Here's a bloom on the new bleeding heart I just planted.

Thumbnail by KaylyRed
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Fading bloom on Dutchman's breeches.

Thumbnail by KaylyRed
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I ordered a bleeding heart 'Burning Hearts'? Came in in a 2" pot. Planted that over the weekend and am hoping it gets big enough to bloom for me yet this season. Crossing my fingers.

My red bleeding heart's blooms are funky looking this year. I'll see if I can manage a close up of the blooms after dgd goes to preschool in about 10 minutes.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I really want 'Burning Hearts!' I'm hoping they still have it at The Flower Factory (it's on their perennial list for this year) when I head out there hopefully this weekend. I haven't had the greatest luck with the fringe-leaf dicentras, but I'm hoping that luck will change with the lighter soil here. The old place was heavy clay.

Des Plaines, IL(Zone 5b)

Cece, you are so lucky you have Orioles! Being in a suburb of Chicago, we just get the cowbirds, sparrows, grackles, etc. Although we do have Red Wing Black Birds, woodpeckers, and finches, which I love. And . . . three days ago, I saw red breasted grosbeaks in the yard all day and got a picture of one . . . but now they're gone! Migrating? Probably.

Thumbnail by sherriseden
Des Plaines, IL(Zone 5b)

Kayly, your bleeding heart is beautiful! And, Dimmer - wow, you've got a lot! And you work nights? Whew - I'm pooped just thinking about it. I don't have a whole lot going on in my yard yet, but here's a pic of my backyard. I have, however, put in about 8 shrubs in the last couple of weeks in spots other than this area in the picture. I'll send pics of those when they look like something! Hope you guys up in Wisconsin are getting good weather, too - we've been in the 70s for 3 days! (Remember a couple months ago when we cheered when it was 50??)

Thumbnail by sherriseden
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Love your curvy bed, Sherri...very pretty!

It's been in the high 60s here for several days. Great weather for working outside, since it's not too "buggy" yet and the cool air is perfect for planting. I'm lovin' it!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

We had 70's yesterday, 60's the day before. Not sure what today will bring.
I have the grackles, the red-wing blackbirds, woodpeckers,n robins, mourning doves, some plain looking sparrows, gold finches. too. I think I must have a hummer or two because the feeder doesn't stay full though I haven't physically seen any unless the Orioles are eating that too. Come to think of it haven't seen the Orioles this morning yet and that is unusual going by the last few days they are at the feeders this time of morning. Course I'm not really paying attention right now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.