Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: What's That Worm in My Apple?: how do you go about bagging the fruit ?

Communities > Forums > Article: What's That Worm in My Apple?
bookmark
Forum: Article: What's That Worm in My Apple?Replies: 1, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ellenrg
Guthrie, OK

May 4, 2009
6:53 PM

Post #6503270

I only have a handful of apples this year and maybe it would be best to bag them as the article advised on the tree. How do I go about doing this? with a regular baggie and some string to tie it tight? I didn't get my spraying done early enough this spring and I usually can't keep up with spraying b/c of all of our wind! thanks for your reply. ellen
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

May 4, 2009
7:23 PM

Post #6503397

I have been using ziplock sandwich baggies. I zip the closure around the stem. There are photos of how I do it in the other article linked to this one.

This year I am also going to be trying these: http://www.raintreenursery.com/catalog/productdetails.cfm?ProductID=T165

Start bagging when the apples are no more than an inch - I thin them at the same time.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: What's That Worm in My Apple? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
How interesting! cathy4 2 May 1, 2009 6:38 PM
Apple maggot dbunnee 1 May 4, 2009 1:11 PM
Codling Moth in Western US arielsq4 0 May 4, 2009 3:01 PM
All that and cedar rust too! Liquidambar2 0 Jun 29, 2014 9:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America