Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beauty and Fashion Tips: Anti-Aging Products

Communities > Forums > Beauty and Fashion Tips
bookmark
Forum: Beauty and Fashion TipsReplies: 19, Views: 222
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

May 7, 2009
3:06 PM

Post #6517062

In the spirit of preventative care for myself with the idea that for the rest of my life LOL I'll be using some magical cream can you recommend anything you've noticed actually works.

*Note, advertisers need not post.
staceysmom
(GayLynn) Appleton, WI
(Zone 5a)

May 7, 2009
3:43 PM

Post #6517223

I believe anything with Retinol in it will work better than any product without it. I have just started using the ROC products. We'll see how it works. Can't wait to see if you get anymore answers so I can see what others swear by. Also a good moisturizer and a good sun blocker is key.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

May 7, 2009
4:50 PM

Post #6517478

Oh cool, I do have a recent prescript for Retinol so I guess I'm on the right track!
merigold
Sioux City, IA
(Zone 4b)

May 7, 2009
9:51 PM

Post #6518739

I'm hoping they find the fountain of beauty in my lifetime...I've always been skeptical of products that "reduce the sign of wrinkles" but with technological advances maybe they have something out there that works?

I'd like to hear also!
Maridell
bluekat76
Ijamsville, MD
(Zone 6b)

May 10, 2009
10:03 PM

Post #6530923

Remember your sunscreen when you use Retinol products! Heck, remember your sunscreen EVERY day. Don't forget the back of your hands too!

I have been having good results with Pro-X from Olay (used 20% off @ Bed Bath and Beyond) cause the products are pricey. $42 each.

-Kim
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

May 10, 2009
10:11 PM

Post #6530946

Wow who'da thought they'd have facial products there!?

Oh yes thanks for the sunscreen reminder. My toddler gets it most every day on her face and boy does she hate it. Hard to explain its importance without sounding vain but I tell her when she's a Mom someday she will be glad she wore it. And yet I don't put it on myself!!!!!!!! Just because it wasn't a habit ingrained in me. But I also don't sunbathe EVER. Never thought I needed to be bronze lol.
bluekat76
Ijamsville, MD
(Zone 6b)

May 10, 2009
10:16 PM

Post #6530961

Too bad skin cancer doesn't sound as scary as liver spots and wrinkles in our society! Teach by example mom:)

Our BBB has an entire "drugstore" section now. I keep waiting for them to restrict the 20% off but it hasn't happened. Another tip is the coupons don't really expire - you can use them even if the date has passed.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

May 10, 2009
10:35 PM

Post #6530999

Well I've always got some cream on my face daily---zit cream or scar creams LOL LOL.

WOW, you can use those even if the date expired! Sweet!

I think the reason it doesn't sound AS scary is everyone gets wrinkles and not everyone gets skin cancer so you assume your risk for one is less.
bluekat76
Ijamsville, MD
(Zone 6b)

May 10, 2009
10:40 PM

Post #6531009

Yes, one of those - it won't happen to me - things. Good for you for using sunscreen on the kids! Happy Mother's Day.
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

May 10, 2009
10:50 PM

Post #6531044

thank-you!
secretlove2005
Brooklyn, NY

April 1, 2010
4:53 PM

Post #7672854

I would get the wexler system from bath and body works and youthology amazing amazing results got them for aunts and my mother they swear by them
Kirstine12
Beverly Hills, CA

January 2, 2014
9:54 PM

Post #9739159

Vitamn C is a powerful Anti-oxidant that works on the collagen synthesis and fades pigmentation on the surface of the skin. So I have tried this brand Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe from Amazon. This has an anti aging ingredient.

I have also seen on youtube that we can also make our own Serum, you need vegetable glycerine + water + vit.C powder but if you don't have the time and patience to do all this just order it from Amazon :)

Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

January 17, 2014
6:21 PM

Post #9750222

I've been using the Avon Elements Skin Revitalize day and night creams for about a week now. The day formula has SPF 20 . . . seems to be keeping the skin soft so far!
Cherry08
Sydney
Australia

January 27, 2014
11:31 PM

Post #9757122

Healthy life style is the key to a youthful look. Aging process is inevitable yet we can delay the process by regular exercise, good diet rich in vitamins and fiber, good sound sleep and drink lots of water. Cream and beauty beauaty products are only supplement to our healthy skin. I use moisturizer at night and a sunscreen in the morning.
Ashley87

February 4, 2014
12:36 AM

Post #9761890

You donít have to starve yourself to look good. All you need is to eat healthy and right foods. Drink lots of water, have enough sleep and exercise regularly. And also don't forget your daily skin care routine. Personally, I wash my face before applying make up and before going to bed. Just want to share a bit about the product that I just discovered recently but couldn't live without it. The Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe. You can find it on Amazon. My sister suggested it to me. The serum really made my skin radiant and younger looking. It's affordable. Check this out too. :-*
jpstewart
Westover Hills, TX

February 12, 2014
9:42 AM

Post #9767822

I started using a anti-aging serum that has coffee berry. It's working great for me and just after a few days I noticed a difference. Coffee berry is loaded with antioxidants, its a lot more powerful than vitamin C. If antioxidants is what you are looking for than coffee berry is where it's at. My sister, mom, and me all started using it and we love it!!!!
tosqured
Pleasant Valley, MO

February 13, 2014
2:47 PM

Post #9768688

I have heard of the new coffeeberry stuff... they say it is the newest "superfruit" and is doing amazing things... how long have you been using? been curious to try
Brittany_J

February 17, 2014
1:34 AM

Post #9770647

If you are looking for anti-aging product, I would suggest you try to use Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe. A friend of mine is using this serum, I have heard a lot of great things about this product, it has 3 forms of Vitamin C and from what I hear, this works much better than products only containing one vitamin C. Vitamin C Serum is an anti aging ingredient and it's a powerful Anti-oxidant that works on the collagen synthesis and fades pigmentation on the surface of the skin.
bellieg
Virginia Beach, VA

February 17, 2014
3:58 AM

Post #9770665

I agree with Ashley, I take time to do facial care before bed and so far my skin looks great for my age.
Most important is sun block because i play golf. I also use wide brim hats while golfing and gardening.

Belle
Cherry08
Sydney
Australia

February 27, 2014
6:08 PM

Post #9778336

Hi, I would suggest fuss free facial masks to be part of your night skin care regimen. It has three varieties to choose from. I am using the Moroccan Argan Oil with Vitamin C. Argan Oil is rich in essential fats and Vitamin E, nutrients that help slow the ageing process. The addition of the antioxidant, Vitamin C, will leave your skin looking visibly brighter.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beauty and Fashion Tips Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
mascara doghouse 22 Apr 10, 2009 1:15 AM
What base foundation do you use? konkreteblond 38 Jul 11, 2008 5:18 PM
Fine hair, help please! IO1 89 Dec 12, 2010 5:00 AM
Not meant to be ? renwings 34 May 13, 2009 10:08 PM
imitation diamond anastatia 12 Jan 8, 2009 7:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America