Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part II): Rose selection

Communities > Forums > Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part II)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part II)Replies: 0, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sunstream
Richmond, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 7, 2009
8:51 PM

Post #6518470

I have scoured the Internet and can't seem to find a rose selection guide that will provide the information I'm seeking. I would like to find a rose that will grow well in central Virginia, is disease-resistant (I have real problems with black spot), is fragrant, has full, double-type blooms (any color except coral or orange), and grows no taller than 5-6 feet. I love the look and fragrance of my Abe Lincoln, but its long canes sprawl all over or are so tall I can't reach the roses (I don't know how to prune it properly), and it loses most of its leaves to black spot every year (I try to clean out the bed, but I found some already this year by the first of May). I would appreciate any suggestions.

This message was edited May 7, 2009 5:09 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part II) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Those $50 holes do the trick Dea 2 Dec 31, 2007 9:49 PM
About roses Pulgon1257 1 Jun 17, 2008 9:54 PM
Question for Paul about propagating. DesertPirate 2 Jul 16, 2009 2:22 AM
knockout rose-green worms eating leaves usasouth 0 May 17, 2010 9:27 AM
Black Walnut Toxicity AmyA 2 Apr 20, 2011 8:24 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America