Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Black Widows in My Garden: I Got Bit

Communities > Forums > Article: Black Widows in My Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: Black Widows in My GardenReplies: 1, Views: 119
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
beadmom
Bend, OR
(Zone 5a)

May 8, 2009
4:22 PM

Post #6522008

When I was 15 I worked at a Christmas tree lot and got tagged on my arm getting a saw out of a shed. I still have a scar there but all in all I remember I was sick but it wasn't too horrible. No one thought I was going to die including me :)

I got food poissoning twice. I'll take the widow bite over that any day!

Ginger
burquegardener
Albuquerque, NM

May 11, 2009
3:28 PM

Post #6533785

I'm glad to read about the pet part. I get frequent black widows and destroy them mostly for fear that my pets are going to get bitten unwittingly. Maybe I'll do more live and let live.
I remember seeing an enormous black widow in our shed in that same northern NM town and having to argue with my then-boyfriend about what I was seeing...

Samantha

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Black Widows in My Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Your article lessens the fear (a little) vossner 1 May 11, 2009 12:56 PM
A little more info Please? MollyMc 2 May 9, 2009 11:30 AM
Yes, it has a cousin! zone10 5 May 9, 2009 3:45 AM
Me, too! imapigeon 1 May 9, 2009 2:47 AM
Nah...Still scared Devota 0 May 8, 2009 6:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America