Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cooking: All-Clad Cast Aluminum Slow Cooker?

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 4, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 10, 2009
1:18 PM

Post #6529186

My daughter got me an All-Clad slow cooker for Mother's Day with a cast aluminum insert. I don't use aluminum for cooking because I'm not comfortable with it, and I've been trying to find out what the non-stick coating is and whether that would make the aluminum non-leachable. Any ideas on that?
NatureLover1950
Vicksburg, MS
(Zone 8a)

May 11, 2009
8:51 PM

Post #6535246

Hi gg,
Have you tried the Reynolds SlowCooker liners? I LOVE them! It would give you a barrier between your food and the slow cooker. If you decide to try them, I've discovered that they don't work very well with your setting on high--it gets too hot for the liner. Low to medium works great though. They make cleanup so much easier.

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2009
10:16 PM

Post #6535666

Could you still use that on the stovetop, though? Because if not, you might as well just have the ceramic insert which would solve the problem!

What are the liners made of?
NatureLover1950
Vicksburg, MS
(Zone 8a)

May 11, 2009
10:51 PM

Post #6535831

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize your slow cooker is made to use on top of the stove. It says they're not intended for countertop electric roasters. The liners are some type of plastic bag.

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2009
11:14 PM

Post #6535950

Yes, one of the advantages of this particular model is that you can place the cast aluminum insert right on the stovetop to braise or brown food before beginning the crockpot-type cooking. Thanks for the thought, though!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America