Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
oldcountryrose
Edmond, OK

May 11, 2009
1:42 PM

Post #6533284

I had a bicycle leaned up against the vine-covered wall on the shady side of my garage. I put my hand on the seat to move the bike and felt a pin-prick sensation on on my thumb. It started stinging. I saw the BW spider crawling out from under the seat of the bike. The stinging quickly become so intense that I took a safety pin and started digging where a small "blood blister" had formed just under the surface of the skin. I ripped the skin and then the blood blister came out like a tiny mass of jelly, stuck on the point of the pin, and the stinging stopped immediately. I didn't get sick and my thumb didn't drop off. The bite never bothered me again. I can't recommend this as treatment for a BW bite, but it worked for me. In hindsight, I should have at least called my doctor. Well, back into the garden, all you arachnid-phobes! My BW bite was not as painful as a bad sunburn, and most of us will likely get more sunburns than spider bites this summer!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Black Widows in My Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Your article lessens the fear (a little) vossner 1 May 11, 2009 12:56 PM
A little more info Please? MollyMc 2 May 9, 2009 11:30 AM
I Got Bit beadmom 1 May 11, 2009 3:28 PM
Yes, it has a cousin! zone10 5 May 9, 2009 3:45 AM
Me, too! imapigeon 1 May 9, 2009 2:47 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America