Photo by Melody

PlantFiles Pictures: Rose of Sharon 'Aphrodite' (Hibiscus syriacus)

Communities > Forums > PlantFiles Pictures
bookmark
Forum: PlantFiles PicturesReplies: 7, Views: 94
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ericabelle
West Plains, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 11, 2009
11:11 PM

Post #6535912

Rose of Sharon 'Aphrodite'
Hibiscus syriacus

They grow so well here, we have to trim them or they will get too large and block the steps to the porch!

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/48562/

Thumbnail by ericabelle
Click the image for an enlarged view.

stamanze
Conroe, TX

May 15, 2009
12:24 AM

Post #6549675

These are lovely, did you train them to standards yourself? Do you know thier age?
ericabelle
West Plains, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 17, 2009
1:15 AM

Post #6557925

No, we didn't train them ourselves - we have only lived here a little over a year. But I think they are 7 years old, put in the ground when the house was built.
I was really excited last year to see them bloom! The lady that used to live here apparently loved pink flowers - almost every flower that was here when we moved here is pink!
WillEsGarden
Shreveport, LA

April 17, 2012
9:07 PM

Post #9087022

This picture inspired me to go buy 2 of these. Luckily for me, my favorite local nursery had some on sale during their dormant stage for $19.99ea. I planted them in the flower bed the first week of March (1st Pic). It's mid-April, they leaved-out pretty well with many buds (2nd Pic). But its still not blooming! In fact, one of the first bud is starting to yellowed. Hopefully its nothing... I can't wait 'til they BLOOM! I'll post a picture as soon as they do.

Thumbnail by WillEsGarden   Thumbnail by WillEsGarden
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Ithiel
Detroit, MI
(Zone 6b)

April 17, 2012
9:25 PM

Post #9087037

Sometimes they need a little time to become established. They transplant easily but it isn't uncommon for them to get leaves and drop them (or buds) and have them return again later on after they've acclimated to their new spot. It'll be fine and bloom like crazy, I'm sure.
WillEsGarden
Shreveport, LA

May 28, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9141859

Ithiel you were right! In a few years they'll look like ericabelle 's trees!

Thumbnail by WillEsGarden
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Ithiel
Detroit, MI
(Zone 6b)

May 28, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #9142294

Looks great. I'll bet they'll put on a great show year after year from now on.
WillEsGarden
Shreveport, LA

June 3, 2013
9:29 AM

Post #9544504

An update of my Rose of Sharon 'Aphrodite' trees (a year later).

Thumbnail by WillEsGarden   Thumbnail by WillEsGarden   Thumbnail by WillEsGarden      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other PlantFiles Pictures Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Japanese Silver Grass, Miscanthus, Eulalia, Maiden Grass, Zebra Grass (Miscanthu hczone6 2 Oct 4, 2010 7:21 PM
Feather Reed Grass (Calamagrostis acutiflora) hczone6 1 Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Lanceleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata) dave 1 Jul 18, 2010 11:26 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Estella' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 7 Mar 24, 2011 7:32 AM
Angels Trumpet 'Grand Marnier' (Brugmansia B. x candida) monika 8 Nov 17, 2014 3:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America