Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Upper Midwest Gardening: Jackpot of pots

Communities > Forums > Upper Midwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Upper Midwest GardeningReplies: 8, Views: 125
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

May 13, 2009
9:54 PM

Post #6544741

Needed some things at grocery store- Copps in Middleton. Saw floral lady with
2 gal pots sitting with broken down florist boxes and asked her about them. She gave me 30 of them-pristine condition. It seems that they often stack flowers in there, esp over holidays and then have no use..some of the employees will take some, but rest are tossed out.
I think I won the Mothers Day surplus!!
Might want to check your stores if they have a floral section.
enya_34
Madison, WI

May 14, 2009
10:44 PM

Post #6549254

Marcia,
Thank you for the tip. I do need a few bigger ones for plants that just don't have a permanent spot yet :)
duck_toller
Middleton, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 15, 2009
12:00 PM

Post #6551273

I'm sorry. I should keep notes on what everyone has told me on different discussions, and now I can't remember ... but someone said they are also a Town of Middleton resident. Who is that?

I serve on the Town's Park Commission, and a vacancy just came up. If possible I'd like to talk to someone with similar interests about making taking that spot. I can explain our mission and any time commitments.
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

May 18, 2009
5:30 PM

Post #6565408

Hi, don't know of another other than you and me; but you can check on folks within certain miles of your home.
I have to be off to dr-so can't check now. Would love to see though.
wadeinthewater
Verona, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 29, 2009
4:11 PM

Post #6614014

I'm in Middleton as well. Are you guys coming to the roundup?
wadeinthewater
Verona, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 29, 2009
4:12 PM

Post #6614020

LIve in Middleton township with a Verona address, think that's because we're on the line and closer to the Middleton PO. (in case you wondered).
enya_34
Madison, WI

May 29, 2009
9:16 PM

Post #6615117

Yes, I am coming to the RU :)
duck_toller
Middleton, WI
(Zone 4b)

May 30, 2009
12:40 PM

Post #6617255

I'm in town of Middleton too on a hill just beyond Morey airfield. My calendar is marked with roundup and I hope to make it, but we've got a family thing that day that may make it tough to do more than drop in and say hi.

I'm thinking of changing my DG name. I picked this one on the spur of the moment because my sweet dog was dying. Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers go by the term Toller. So now the name makes me sad since Lily died. And everyone calls me Duck.

I talked to DG management and they said they don't like to do name changes but would be willing to do mine on a one time basis. I just can't decide on a new name so I keep lolly-gagging.

wadeinthewater - if you are interested the town of Middleton is looking for another person to sit on the Parks Commission. In particular they are looking for someone who cares about how the developers put in parks, upkeep and beauty of the parks, and the creation the walking and biking trails. Several of us on the commission are from the northern side of the town, so they are kind of hoping to get someone from either central or southern portions of the town ... but that isn't as critical a getting someone who can come to a meeting once a month.
motts1
south central, WI
(Zone 5a)

May 30, 2009
10:01 PM

Post #6618983

Duck hope that you can make it. Keeping fingers crossed that I can also.
Anyway, maybe a stop sometime for plants.

Wish I had energy for the commission..maybe I can find another gardener who isn't already committed to a lot of stuff.

Enya..what size pots do you need?

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Upper Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Me Too! Great Forum idea! / Seed saving question caitlinsgarden 12 Jun 6, 2007 1:34 PM
Let's Plan a "TO-DO" Calendar! julie88 104 Jan 23, 2013 10:47 AM
Raggball ornaments raggedyann16142 8 Jun 6, 2007 1:39 PM
Organizing & Documenting *my* Seeds and Plant Info julie88 199 Mar 11, 2007 5:11 PM
ROAD TRIP to DUBUQUE and beyond ! Wandasflowers 93 Apr 8, 2007 12:17 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America