Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: The Garlic of Polite Society: Thanks for the info!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Garlic of Polite Society
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Garlic of Polite SocietyReplies: 2, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nedweenie
Windsor, CT
(Zone 6a)

May 14, 2009
9:54 PM

Post #6549077

I have one of these and I just love it. Since it's not hardy to my zone I keep it in a container and overwinter it in my garage where the temperature gets to around 40 degrees in the coldest part of the winter. With occassional watering and a sunny window, it does very well in there. A nice ornamental plant with interesting foliage and pretty blooms. Can't say I've ever eaten any part of it, but maybe this summer!
can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

May 18, 2009
7:11 PM

Post #6565904

Try the blossoms in salads--or as embellishment for deviled eggs. I sometimes chip some of the foliage up really fine and toss it into a salad.

MMMM-mmm-mmm
ladybug61
Ocala, FL

May 23, 2009
8:57 PM

Post #6588110

This was an interesting article re the society garlic. I have had some growing in 2 of my gardens now for many years and they've done great here and have multiplied and I dig them up when they become too dense and plant them elsewhere. I find that they do bloom best in full sun as I have some in full sun and partial sun/partial shade areas. They just keep coming back year after year after dying back in some of our colder winters...my kind of plant.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Garlic of Polite Society Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Garlic Lover's Reply Potagere 3 May 19, 2009 8:55 PM
Society Garlic sehites 0 May 16, 2009 11:54 PM
Society Garlic... KGinCA 0 May 23, 2009 8:14 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America