Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Memory Garden: (carolyn2733) Carolyn Fennell

Communities > Forums > Memory Garden
bookmark
Forum: Memory GardenReplies: 3, Views: 154
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 15, 2009
1:45 PM

Post #6551665

Carolyn Fennell, known here as carolyn2733 passed away on February 18th, 2009 when her car went off the road in Hays county, TX. She was only 45 years old and left a husband and children behind.

She was a nurse and was a caring and compassionate professional who took the time to check in on people even after they had been discharged and returned home.

Carolyn had been a member here since March 1, 2008. Although she was here for just a short time, she has a legacy of quite a few images that she generously contributed to PlantFiles.

She enjoyed succulent plants and was active on that forum here at Dave's Garden. She was a generous trader and traded with several members here as well.

We are grateful for her unselfish contributions to our community. The PlantFiles images will always be here to remind others of her love for living things and her nurturing personality.

eyesoftexas
Toadsuck, TX
(Zone 7a)

May 15, 2009
4:07 PM

Post #6552238

God bless her family and friends. I regret that I never got to interact with her. I'm sure she is in the Lord's loving arms...how could she not be.

"eyes"

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 26, 2009
1:13 AM

Post #6597600

what a sad thing this is, not just for dg, but more for her husband and children. she wasn't on dg very long and i never got to meet her and for that i am sorry. in reading her trade feedback, she sounded like a very giving, generous person.

my sympathies to her family and friends.
LindaTX8
NE Medina Co., TX
(Zone 8a)

May 26, 2009
3:03 PM

Post #6599670

Some who pretty much knew her from d-mails or emails felt they really knew her, because her personality and friendliness came through so vividly. A friend of mine who knew her as a nurse who also shared his interest in plants was especially saddened by her sudden death. She had made the trip many times to his house to help his wife who had terminal cancer. He later described her as an "angel". His wife preferred to not have strangers help her, but Carolyn easily became a friend to them.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Memory Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
(JCF) Janet Flowers MistyMeadows 29 Jul 21, 2011 5:33 AM
( DaleP6) Dale Patricia Six Joan 5 Sep 26, 2007 6:42 PM
(Tink76627) Peggie Glover Joan 15 Jun 17, 2009 2:25 PM
(Glory) Gloria Jean Breal Lessner Joan 14 Jan 23, 2010 5:26 AM
(lmelling) Lynne Mellinger Joan 163 Feb 21, 2010 5:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America