Your favorite shampoo please

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I have a favorite shampoo that they don't make any more. It seems that everytime I find a product that I like, it is discontinued.

This shampoo, that seems to really work well with my hair is Willow Lake Lavender and Mint. When I was no longer able to find it at the regular stores, I ran into a bunch of bottles at Big Lots and bought all that they had. I'm down to my last quarter bottle and I would love suggestions on something else to try.

I don't like the shampoo plus conditioner products, and would like the shampoo to be clear and not cloudy, as the ones with conditioner included are. I have oily hair, and the extra conditioner in the shampoo adds to the problem.

Price isn't a huge issue because we have a water softener, and I don't have to use too much shampoo at one time. So a bottle lasts me a long time!

Thanks for your suggestions!
Linda

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You could try searching for it online--I've had some luck finding products online that you can't find in stores anymore. If you can't find yours that way, there are plenty of shampoos out there that are clear and don't have conditioner--you might start by looking in the trial size section of the store where they sell small bottles of shampoo for travel, that way you can see if you like it before you buy a huge bottle. I don't think they label shampoos for oily hair anymore, but if you look for ones that are volumizing those would have similar types of ingredients and would be more likely to be clear and not have conditioner.

Tuckerton, NJ

i once liked a lotion and they discontiued it i called the company and they said that they would look in the warehouse and get back to me low and behold 12 bottles what a score and they were bigger then the ones i had and alot cheaper i bought them all.

Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

I too have hair on the oily side. My husbands is normal. We use Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Special Shampoo. I buy it at Super Cuts in the 1 Liter Size. They are always having sales buy one get one half off. It lasts forever! I use about a dime size. it is potent and lathers up very well. It smells wonderful too for male or female.

synda, none of the links that you sent has any of the shampoo except bluemintco. When you go to all the other websites and try to purchase any of the Willow Lake products, you get a message that says that they are no longer available. Thanks for trying though.

Has anyone heard of bluemintco? I was hesitant to order from them because I don't know if they are legit. They are the only one that still has any Willow Lake Shampoo.

terichris, I will look into the Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Special Shampoo. Thanks for the suggestion!

ecrane3, our Walmart has a section of trial size products of all kinds, but I've not seen any shampoo there that would fit what I was looking for. I'll keep looking when I shop there.

Linda

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If you've got Target near you, you might check there instead, or maybe a local drugstore. I don't shop at Walmart, but I know often they don't carry as many different brands so you may not have as many choices there.

I'll definitely check the Target, ecrane3. Thanks for the suggestion!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm sorry I didn't try and click on the products,just seen the name there.........my bad.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images