2009 Iowa Round UP Twin Lakes, IA

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here we go! Another great Round Up.
First picture is the mystery guest Arlene was keeping from us.
It is Joan from North Dakota. Her & her husband Dave sitting in front of the window.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This was before the Friday night fish fry. Some of the people visiting & making new acquaintances.
Left to right; Angie, Bookerc from Illinois; Steve from Ft Worth, TX; Jan, Hostanquilts from Illinois; Colette, Alwaysweeding from Cedar Rapids, IA.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Three workshops were held Saturday morning & well attended.
LarryR did one on floral prints.
Lilyfan, Sue gave a nice talk & had a slide show on Lilies.
Finally, Allnitro, Jeff told us all about growing Hosta from seed.
Sorry, the only picture I got was Jeff.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

The group listening to Jeff.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

After the workshops we got into the food of course. Dessert table.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Food line.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

So many things to chose from & of course all great dishes made by DG members & Guests.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Finishing up the noon meal.
Front, from left, Kooger, Laura from Wisconsin; Archie & Maxine, also from Wisconsin.
Behind them, Merigold & DH; I don't know the other lady.
In the back, LarryR from South Amana; HiddenValley, Dick from Des Moines; Colette, Alwaysweeding & Judi, Poho, from Cedar Rapids.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

L to R. Melissa, Lori, Mart, & Joan.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

More after dinner discussion.
Clockwise, starting with her back to camera. Barb, DW of Randbponder; Bertha, DW of Countrygardens; Marie_; Our gracious host, Arlene, TwinLakesChef; Allnitro, Jeff; Moby, Mary; Mary's DH Dave; Steve, Ft Worth; & Russ, Randbponder.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Door Prizes all lined up, ready to be chosen. All attendees got one door prize, & almost all got a second one!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Many a plant waited for the big swap.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Moby called out the different groups to go get one plant each, soon she gave up & called "Free for All".
I think most went home with some real treasures!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Shortly after the plant swap, the phone rang & it was Dave himself greeting all of us!

Next we drove into Pomroy, IA to visit the Kaleidoscope factory. Very interesting, we spend over a hour there. The owner gave us some demonstrations.
Here he is showing us how he turns a square block of wood into an egg.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Later we went to Augies supper club on Twin Lake. More visiting with fellow DGer's, a great meal & then I said my good byes & headed home. Pulled into my yard at 11:15 PM.

(Sorry about quality of this photo.)

Have a Great Year!
And see you all next year.
Bernie

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Nice Round Up, Bernie!

Looks like ya'll had a good time. And THREE workshops! I'm sure those were fun and kept ya'll entertained. Way to go.

Thanks for sharing the pics. This has become quite the annual event up your way!

Shoe

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

The thing about Bernie's pictures is that he's not in any of them. We'll make up for it here with a good pic of Bernie calling names. Doesn't he look serious with the glasses and all?

Thumbnail by McGlory
Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

This bicycle was the grand prize if you were looking for a black tooth or beauty mark. No beauty marks here!

Thumbnail by McGlory
Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Handsome Man picking out his door prize as allnitro (Jeff) and CountyGardens (Bernie) look on.

Thumbnail by McGlory
Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Joan and Dave, our mystery guest and DH. Poor Dave is a little taken aback at our antics maybe?

Thumbnail by McGlory
Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Lots of serious chatter goes on at every Iowa Roundup. Here's Country Gardens, llilyfan, kooger, and Moby, each in his or her own little world.

Thumbnail by McGlory
Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Cuckoo! Are you still at the food table? LOL

Thumbnail by McGlory
Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Those are most that turned out worth a darn. I forget I have the camera in my pocket most of the time!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I'm glad you missed to spot of Maxine's Sweet potato casserole on my shirt.
Joan & Dave were at KY RU a couple years ago, so I think they are really broke in by now!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Now there's a recipe I NEED!

Here's a pic of Sue (llilyfan) giving a wonderfully informative workshop about Lilies

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

NannyB scores a great prize!

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Decisions, decisions.....

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

The morning after in the big cabin. Still smilin'........

Thumbnail by Moby
Waterloo, IA(Zone 4b)

All eyes and ears were on Larry as he gave a great presentation on his amazing hammer prints. Great job and I think everyone will be trying their hand at this now!

Jeff

Thumbnail by allnitro
Waterloo, IA(Zone 4b)

Pic of the hammer print I won as a door prize.

Thumbnail by allnitro
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bernie Thanks for the link!
It's always fun to put a face to the names.

Looks like a GRAND time was had by All!
And a big ~~~ and hug to Kooger!

Ric

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Quoting:
Joan and Dave, our mystery guest and DH. Poor Dave is a little taken aback at our antics maybe?

If that picture was taken during the door prize drawings, I think he was afraid he wasn't going to get a chance at Cuckoo's homemade jellies, syrups and canned elderberry juice! :)

We got home tonight about 9 PM. Tired and road weary, but our critters were ecstatic to see us!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

THANKS!!! Ric. :)

P.S. And I learned the alphabet during the plant swap. LOL (what a dork!)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yeah, but we love ya anyway. ;)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

oh goody!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Following is a picture of Edy's wall quilt that she so graciously donated and which I was so luck to win! Yipppeeee, one that I didn't have to sew my self and give away.

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine
South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Its a good thing your name was called before mine Maxine, or you would have been sewing your own and Russ's Wind Chimes would have had to wait! As it is, I'm really happy with my chimes, because... I had wanted them since he posted the first picture of them!

I WILL post a picture, but the wind is blowing HARD again today and I don't want to get bonked!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Isn't that wonderful? Now if anyones admires it you can tell them that it was a gift and can't give it away. :) I've made a few quilt tops but have NO patience for the quilting.

Not only do we have great gardeners, but great artists too. I scored the 'Lilies' t-shirt ~ of course I'll probably have to loan it out to Llilyfan.

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

But can a person be trusted with a license plate like this??

Thumbnail by Moby
South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

It's not that license plate I'd worry about. . . . . . . . . . . . . it's that evil grin on her face!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images