My newest garden art!

Phoenix, AZ

This a suspension spring from a old Corvair. My friend Mary over on the Southwest forum sanded it and sprayed it purple. I added the glass balls. I guess this could fit on trash to treasure too lol.

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

How do you come up with these ideas???? That is really interesting.

small town, MN(Zone 4b)

That is so cool what a great idea. Where did you get the glass balls?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I just love that. Very interesting.

Phoenix, AZ

Glass balls are from Evil-bay. They are glass floats used in fishermens nets. They were floating in a blue bird bath, now they have a new home ☺

Bessemer, AL(Zone 7b)

I did the same thing, except I scribbled a sign on a pretty wooden plaque and put beside the coil and titled it ...My "SPRING" Garden! So many laughs and smiles come my way when others see it. I left mine black and I love your idea of the pretty colored paint. Very Nice.

Phoenix, AZ

seedy1, that's cute!

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

fishy, I have wanted to do that for SOOO long----haven't run onto any big springs, and keep forgetting to go to the junkyard. Thanks for posting so I am now reminded....your project turned out great!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Ooooooooohhh That is so cool!

Janet

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Like this idea. I've got a piece of car spring I haven't figured out what to do with it, just like rusty stuff. May have to paint it instead.

W of Cleveland, OH(Zone 5a)

I love it - really clever!!!

Edinburg, TX

It's much too humid and the mosquitoes are vicious...so am inside browsing old posts...

WOW!!! That is so cool. LOVE IT!!!

Phoenix, AZ

Wow, this was a blast from the past!

Edinburg, TX

LOL Fish...that's what I thought when I read "corvair" :o). Yep, it's good to revisit old posts and kick start the creativity again.

Really do like purple painted springie thingie!

I've got one of those glass balls in a fisherman's net. It's red glass so I haven't figured out what to do with it just yet.

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I like it! I love that curved shape. I love objects in a garden and that one is unique and fun.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I agree. :)

Virginia Beach, VA

Very clever and pretty!!

Belle

Indian Harbour Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Clever girl!!!

That is just to cute!!

Cody

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply