Photo by Melody

Article: Hydrangeas…How and Where and What… Part III: ES Hydrangea not growing very large

Communities > Forums > Article: Hydrangeas…How and Where and What… Part III
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hydrangeas…How and Where and What… Part IIIReplies: 0, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sweetpotatojack
Westfield, IN

May 17, 2009
8:22 PM

Post #6561139

Thanks for all of the good information about hydrangeas. I have four endless summer hydrangeas planted on the north side of my home where they receive early morning and late afternoon sun. They bloom profusely and look wonderfully healthy but they haven't increased in size much in the three or four years I've had them. This past fall I bound them with burlap and filled it with shredded leaves but unfortunately many of the buds and wood froze. They didn't fare much better than the winters where I didn't protect them, actually. Is there any hope that these will reach the 3-5 feet they're supposed to grow or will they continue to stay small because of the dieback during the winter? How long does it take for these to reach mature size?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hydrangeas…How and Where and What… Part III Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great article doccat5 3 Jan 22, 2008 1:18 AM
Hydrangeas kathi11 6 Jul 16, 2009 5:41 PM
Rit Dye? unajardinera 1 Jan 26, 2008 10:34 PM
Young hydrangea plants momof2labs 0 Sep 2, 2008 10:58 PM
Afternoon semi shade VirginiaMG 1 Apr 22, 2009 5:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America