Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Sea Hollies - Prickly Beauties: invasive

Communities > Forums > Article: Sea Hollies - Prickly Beauties
bookmark
Forum: Article: Sea Hollies - Prickly BeautiesReplies: 2, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Dollykat
Lucasville, OH

May 18, 2009
1:05 PM

Post #6564202

Three years ago, I planted three sea hollies, which I had purchased by mail order. I wish I had not planted them because they are invasive and spreading faster than I can dig them up. When they bloom, the stems flop, making them look terrible, anyway. They spread underground, and I've found it's impossible to get all the roots out of the ground.
clwvikes
Saint Paul, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 18, 2009
6:36 PM

Post #6565753

I agree - i can't get rid of them, and they are not attractive in the least...disappointed i put them in my garden, now nothing else will grow - don't really know what to do :-(...
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

May 18, 2009
7:17 PM

Post #6565925

I've never had a single seedling germinate in the garden...amazing how a plant behaves in one region vs. another. They are very well behaved in Newfoundland.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Sea Hollies - Prickly Beauties Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Article jadajoy 2 May 16, 2009 6:21 PM
Great article aguy1947 0 May 18, 2009 11:12 AM
Sea Holly kbeehalperin 2 May 19, 2009 8:34 PM
sea holly fairladymi 0 May 18, 2009 1:38 PM
My experience cheerpeople 4 May 19, 2009 6:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America