Photo by Melody

Article: Peace Lily Revisited: Many thanks !

Communities > Forums > Article: Peace Lily Revisited
bookmark
Forum: Article: Peace Lily RevisitedReplies: 1, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
phfurballs
Mississauga, ON
(Zone 6a)

May 18, 2009
5:45 PM

Post #6565509

This article couldn't have been better timed for me. I recently bought a smallish Domino, the third one I've owned. They are usually quite expensive, so I've gotten all of mine as markdowns at the nursery. Since none have been in tip top shape when they came home, when the first two died on me, I assumed it was because they were in bad shape to begin with. Now I know it's because they weren't getting enough water. Sometimes I think I need a good knock in the head, because I'm getting quite good at finding all kinds of information online, but it doesn't always occur to me to look everything up. I just assumed those Dominoes died for reasons beyond my control and they didn't. Of course, even when I do searches, it's so easy to get sidetracked by some interesting tidbit one happens across and lose track of one's original goal :-). Anyway, I have a tendency to underwater plants, and while for many plants underwatering is a bit easier on them than overwatering is, clearly this is not true of Peace Lily. So now I have the knowledge, hopefully this potful of Domino will survive and grow happily for some time. It was also great to learn that it won't become a monster with time. I thought all peace lilies grew to become quite large over time, but now I know that the Domino has a chance of not outgrowing the space I have for it. Curse of the small apartment !! I have plans for a small indoor water fountain/tiny pond project, and while I don't know that I'll ever get it built, if I do, now I know I'll be able to put a small division of Domino into it where it will add some nice variegation to the plants I had in mind for it already,which are mostly greens of one shade or another. So many thanks for this, it was very informative and useful to me.
gatorkay
Cary, NC

July 30, 2009
2:42 PM

Post #6884551

Can't get my 4 to bloom...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Peace Lily Revisited Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful! KyWoods 2 May 15, 2009 3:14 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America