Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Sea Hollies - Prickly Beauties: Birdiest City

Communities > Forums > Article: Sea Hollies - Prickly Beauties
bookmark
Forum: Article: Sea Hollies - Prickly BeautiesReplies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Petalpants
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 19, 2009
6:56 PM

Post #6570656

Todd, if you have a passion for birdwatching, you should check out our city, Corpus Christi, Texas. For the 2nd year, we have been declared "the Birdiest City", in the nation, I guess. There are certain weeks in the year that we have birdwatchers from all over the world come here to view certain species of birds at certain locations here. Somehow, we are at a crosspath where some kinds of birds fly through while migrating, like at various parks. We also have whooping cranes, and egrets, and of course pelicans and other seabirds. There is a Hummingbird Festival, I think in February, because there are so many here at that time. Lastly,we have blackbirds & seagulls--- watchout above your Head!!!
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

May 20, 2009
9:52 AM

Post #6573526

I was birding in Corpus Cristi in April 2007! Birded from Aransas to Zapata over 9 days...great trip!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Sea Hollies - Prickly Beauties Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Article jadajoy 2 May 16, 2009 6:21 PM
Great article aguy1947 0 May 18, 2009 11:12 AM
invasive Dollykat 2 May 18, 2009 7:17 PM
Sea Holly kbeehalperin 2 May 19, 2009 8:34 PM
sea holly fairladymi 0 May 18, 2009 1:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America