Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

DG Journals and Diaries: Lil help

Communities > Forums > DG Journals and Diaries
bookmark
Forum: DG Journals and DiariesReplies: 7, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
earthspinner
Tranquillity, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2009
2:59 AM

Post #6585663

I want to deleate a catagory.
I can't figure out how to do it.
Help?

Terry
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2009
3:17 AM

Post #6585730

On the main page of your journal, click on "manage categories", then click on the category you want to delete, then you'll see an option to delete it. If you have plants in the category, you will have to delete all of them first or else you won't be given the option to delete the category. But if the category is empty, you should have a delete option.
earthspinner
Tranquillity, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2009
3:46 AM

Post #6585827

I must be doing something wrong , cause I don't see it.
I went to ,,,Tools
then to Your Gardening Journal
I can't find anything that says manage categories
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2009
4:17 AM

Post #6585901

Sounds like you're on the right page, you should see the first main heading that say Your Journal Summary, then the next main heading down says Main Menu, and the third thing in the list under Main Menu is Manage Categories.
earthspinner
Tranquillity, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2009
4:25 AM

Post #6585924

I must be so stupid
Tools

Then
Your Gardening Journal
Our journal system is a powerful (and complex) system for professional journaling of "whatever you want". Keep detailed lists of what's growing in your garden, how long it took for seeds to germinate, etc, etc.

Then I see
Step 3...
You now need to start your journal off by adding for first item. You do this by going to the category in which you want this item to be created. When you have selected your category, then click on "Add a new item".
Select the category from the list below:

Theme Master (0)

Theme Master is what I want to get rif of.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2009
4:31 AM

Post #6585935

Oh, you haven't finished setting your journal up yet. For now, ignore the fact that you don't want that category and put a plant into it anyway (doesn't matter which one since you're going to have to delete it, just make something up). It's been ages since I set up my journal so I don't know what the rest of the steps are--I think once you add a plant then you're done, and once you've finished the setup part then you should be able to go to My Tools and Journal and see the page I'm describing.

Once you see the main page that I'm talking about, before you can delete the category, you'll have to go delete the plant that you added--to do this, scroll down a little farther on that main page to the section that says Access By Category, then click on your Theme Master category. This'll bring up a page that shows the plant that you added, and in the right hand column you should see a link that says delete. Once you've deleted the plant, then go back to the main page and you'll be able to delete the category as I described above.
earthspinner
Tranquillity, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2009
4:58 AM

Post #6586001

By jove I think I got it...

Thank YOU!!!!!!!!
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2009
5:03 AM

Post #6586017

Glad I could help!

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 178 Aug 25, 2014 3:44 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America