Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

can anyone tell me what kind of bee this is?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

They have a nest in one of my pot planters on the deck...I thought it was a wrens nest and when I started to clean it out the bees came out...they are burrowing in the soil as well....thanks.

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

picture of the nest after I was removing it...it looks a bit papery I think too...I noticed that and thought ..hmmmm maybe bees...and sure enough...but I don't know what they are and if I should exterminate them or not....they are right next to our grill on the deck, so not a good spot if they will sting...which I think most will if you are near the nest...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

a little better picture..they are still active in the dirt and around the container, but not really acting like they are going to sting...just intimidating me...lol

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

one flying...you can't tell a lot but it is an okay picture....they are QUICK LOL

Thumbnail by JanetS
Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

Bumblebee.They commonly nest in debris or in the ground.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, I couldn't tell the difference between the bumble bee and the carpenter bee pictures...so I wasn't sure which it was...thanks for your reply.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

On a bright side, they are Good polinators, whitch is why I don't bother them.
Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.