Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

DG Journals and Diaries: Adding to My Journal

Communities > Forums > DG Journals and Diaries
bookmark
Forum: DG Journals and DiariesReplies: 5, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Kiyzersoze
Coral Springs, FL
(Zone 10b)

May 23, 2009
9:01 PM

Post #6588120

OK I named a category no problem but I can't add anything to it. I clicked on the Help link and it didn't help. I can't find the "Access by Category" or the "Add Item" button that it talks about on the help link. Please help! Thanks.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2009
9:17 PM

Post #6588173

My first guess is that you're going into the journal the wrong way. There are a few ways to get to the journal, but some ways will take you in to your journal the way other people would view it, and if you go in that way then you can't edit or anything. If you're going in by going to your member page and clicking on the "read Kiyzersoze's garden journal" link, that takes you to the wrong place where all you can do is view things. To get to it so that you can edit, click on the "My Tools" tab, then on the gardening journal link.

Kiyzersoze
Coral Springs, FL
(Zone 10b)

May 23, 2009
10:02 PM

Post #6588346

Iam going there from my tools and there is no "Access by Category" or the "Add Item" button, only an "Access All" button and that isn't it.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 23, 2009
10:08 PM

Post #6588364

The second possibility is that you never got all the way through journal setup--you have to add at least one plant in one of your categories in order to complete the setup process. Once you've done that, then you should see the page the way you're supposed to. If that's not the case, it would really help if you could post a screenshot of what you're seeing, that might give me some other ideas.
Kiyzersoze
Coral Springs, FL
(Zone 10b)

May 25, 2009
2:39 AM

Post #6593225

I was finally able to add a plant but not the way the help button told me too. I added it from a plant file at the bottom.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

May 25, 2009
2:57 AM

Post #6593285

There are two ways to add a plant to your journal, one is manually entering everything yourself (which is I suspect what the help button give you instructions for), and the other way is to do it from Plant Files as you just did.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 178 Aug 25, 2014 3:44 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America