Photo by Melody

Article: English Ivy: Beauty or Beast?: A Treasure

Communities > Forums > Article: English Ivy: Beauty or Beast?
bookmark
Forum: Article: English Ivy: Beauty or Beast?Replies: 7, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

postmandug

postmandug
Bardstown, KY
(Zone 6a)

May 26, 2009
3:07 PM

Post #6599683

I sincerely think some of those faeries must have snuck into your room at night and sprinkled gold dust in your hair and made you the treasure you are!!!

Cuz!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2009
4:23 PM

Post #6599989

I am glad you think so, Doug...you always make me smile.
Thank you, it is so good to know our 'family' ties are still intact.
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 26, 2009
4:48 PM

Post #6600064

I must agree. I wish you could have been my playmate when we were small. I, too, had a wonderful imagination but didn't have Aunt Bett or the mountains. We will just have to be playmates now. When can you move to Texas?

Christi
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2009
5:15 PM

Post #6600161

Can I bring my 1/2 acre of daylilies, iris, roses, columbines, riverbirch, maples, holly, hibiscus, spiderwort, bee balm, cats, house, etc, etc, etc...please? And will you bring a shovel and help me dig? And trucks to haul it all in. And my seeds...I need an extra truck for them, too...and then there is my elephant collection, and my art stuff, all my books, my dishes and antique glassware, and tons of fabric...and I do like these brick arches I have, two sets of them, so maybe another couple of trucks, but they are pretty tall, I wonder if we'd take out any bridges on the way down.

Whattya think, Christi? I can leave anytime, as long as you help.
NanuBunny
Poquoson, VA
(Zone 8a)

May 26, 2009
5:28 PM

Post #6600214

How about you divide your time between Texas and Virginia - or all of us divide our time among Kentucky, Texas and Virginia? Let's have a tea party in the garden! Lovely article, as usual, Sharon!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2009
5:55 PM

Post #6600310

Hi Bonnie...
I don't think you could find your way to my house this week. I have been in Chicago for a week, and had company on both weekends, so now I find myself very nearly woven in place because of the jungle that has taken over my yard and house. So much rain has blessed the earth around me, the vegetation has taken over my world. That magnolia tree that was smashed in the ice storm is well over 9 feet tall now and my akebia threatens my front door. My roses are rambling all over the bog of the back yard, and wisteria trees are threatening to strangle from above. Somewhere in all this tangle, I am down there trying to hack my way out. It is a true mess.

So when you come my way, please bring machetes, hatchets, pick ax, and long knives. Pruning shears would help too. Oh, and wear long sleeves, too, and bib overalls. With a hat tied securely in place. It is a jungle.
Good grief.
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

May 26, 2009
6:53 PM

Post #6600563

Hahahahaha...made me laugh.

6 weeks.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

May 26, 2009
7:16 PM

Post #6600646

Yes, I know Christie.
Hugs to you.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: English Ivy: Beauty or Beast? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Ya did it again! A delightful article! Elena 53 May 28, 2009 11:20 PM
mature and juvenile forms of ivy gloria125 15 Jan 28, 2013 7:50 AM
other ivies jrainger 2 Jun 2, 2009 5:19 AM
Great article dbelcher 1 Jun 13, 2011 9:28 AM
Caution the_naturalist 1 Jun 14, 2011 4:25 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America