Photo by Melody

Upper Midwest Gardening: Local source for lingonberry plants, or small fruit nursery

Communities > Forums > Upper Midwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Upper Midwest GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
grrrlgeek
Grayslake, IL
(Zone 5a)

May 26, 2009
4:32 PM

Post #6600019

Anyone know of one in northeast IL, southeast WI? Or any nurseries that carry lots of different small fruits you've had good experiences with I can call and see if they carry them. My mail order is falling through and I'd rather get some locally if I can find them, and I haven't seen any so far. I love lingonberries and really want to have fresh ones to use!
Kristi_L
Kalamazoo, MI

May 31, 2009
4:54 PM

Post #6622115

My sister lives in Aurora and has some property up in Wisconsin. She grows lingonberries and I just e-mailed her to find out where she got them.

Are you of Swedish descent?
grrrlgeek
Grayslake, IL
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2009
8:26 PM

Post #6622980

Mostly Norwegian, and I do love me some Lingonberries. I did get my mail order, but they only sent me 2 of the cultivar I wanted and 3 of another I didn't particularly want. It's late in the season so I guess they ran out :( Thanks for asking your sister, there are a couple of cultivars that are supposed to be superior for fruit that I can't find (Ida, Balsgård), maybe she would know someone who sells them. Even if they're out for this year, itll give me an idea where to look next spring.

Now, out to do some digging!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Upper Midwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Me Too! Great Forum idea! / Seed saving question caitlinsgarden 12 Jun 6, 2007 1:34 PM
Let's Plan a "TO-DO" Calendar! julie88 104 Jan 23, 2013 10:47 AM
Raggball ornaments raggedyann16142 8 Jun 6, 2007 1:39 PM
Organizing & Documenting *my* Seeds and Plant Info julie88 199 Mar 11, 2007 5:11 PM
ROAD TRIP to DUBUQUE and beyond ! Wandasflowers 93 Apr 8, 2007 12:17 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America