Bullwinkle and the boys - a return trip?

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Bullwinkle and the gnomes are at or near the end of their cross-continent trip. shall they make a return visit?

If so, who is interested? Unless Glenda wants to coordinate it, I'm willing to take that on. But we need to start making a list soon.

Also, it took quite a long time for them to get east. Should there be some restrictions on how long they stay at each address? Or should we just go with the flow?

So - Glenda are you OK with me organizing the return trip? Or would you like to do it?

Assuming we go ahead with a return trip, are you interested in hosting the lads? Could you please indicate yes or no here? Do NOT add your mailing address here. We will get those details by D-mail. At this stage we simply need to know if you want them to visit.

Ann

North Saanich, Canada

Fine with me if you would like to organize this leg of the trip!

THANKS!

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

I'd be nice for the lads to be coming through some of the places in the summer, that he went through when the gardens weren't at their peak. I think you know what I mean.

Linda

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

I would certainly be interested, Thanks.

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

yes, please, add me to the list

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Thunder Bay says .. 'BRING'EM on' ^_^

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I've looked over the previous adventures and added links from on to another where there weren't any. I know the first couple of links telling about the lads' adventures on Vancouver Island and in Vancouver were, regrettably, taken down. Is this one - Edmonton the first one still up? http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/890060/ Or did I miss one?

There have been a fair number of new Canadians on DG since last June when we were planning all this. I'll try to invite them to take a look and participate if they wish.

Ann

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

I would love to have them back!
Please add me to the list.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Tallulah_B - was it YOU who D-mailed me back and wanted to know how to do the group blast? I seem to have lost that D-mail.

yes, it was me that wanted to know how to Group Blast.....

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Drop me a D-mail once you have decided how the next hosts will be and I'll send the boys on!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Todd, I expect it will take a week or so if we don't hear from diggin dirt.

Weslemkoon Lake, ON(Zone 3a)

Definitely would love to host the return.. Weslemkoon Lake would love to have him..Yipeeee

Hawkesbury, ON(Zone 4b)

good morning Ann, I need to pass this time around. You guys have fun. Look forward to reading the posts.

cheers
April

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Count me in! I've been away from DG for a while and would like to dip my toes back in ... this seems like as good a way as any. :-) Not to mention clean up the balcony garden for company. I do hope the travelling parties are not allergic to cats...

Shannon

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Nice to "see" you Shannon. ^_^

Alfred, ON(Zone 4b)

If I can be part I would love to, ViolaAnn I have replied to your DG mail :)

Broadview, SK(Zone 3a)

I think they would enjoy a visit to Never Rest Farm here on the Pipestone in Saskatchewan.
Count me in- this sounds like a blast.
Dorothy

Sask would be great, I think - we didn't have anyone in Sask OR Manitoba last year, did we?

-Susan-

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Greetings,

So far, we have the following interested. That's quite a few so I'm going to start putting the itinerary together tomorrow. Would you please all Dmail me your mailing addresses and also any times that you know you won't be able to host the lads?

Thanks,
Ann
edited for brevity - names are mentioned again below

This message was edited Jun 2, 2009 9:31 AM

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I think on the trip east, there were couple of people who had to drop out because of family problems. Glenda is more up to date on that than I am.

Cambridge, ON(Zone 5b)

I would love to have the gnomes visit my garden...maybe they can give me some gardening good luck! Please add me to the list :)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I'll ask this one in here, just in case anyone else is wondering - how long do we host the boys, and what is the turnaround time?

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

... and, thanks DonM47! Likewise. :-)

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

The boys are getting excited! So many places to visit!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

As to how long to host them, most of us did about a 5 day turn around on the trip east. Some people kept them a bit longer. We have, so far, 21 people on the list and unless people who live close together hand-deliver the lads to the next person, there will be a few days in the mail each time they are sent on.

So, I would suggest that the visits be kept fairly short - maybe 3-4 days so that they can visit as many as possible on the list before the snow flies.

Ann

Spklatt .. the 'time factor' varies .. some folks have had them in excess of a week because they wanted to take pics of them at an 'event' they were attending.
By and large I tend to think that 3 to 5 days is the norm .. that said .. it could be as little as one day if you were to keep them and photograph them in your garden as opposed to carting the little rascals around your town/city ^_^

~M~

LOL .. Ann posted while I was posting :o) Looks like we're on the same page re the length of time to host the boyz !!

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

edited again because there is a NEW order below.

This message was edited Jun 2, 2009 12:43 PM

AWESOME job Ann ^_^

Thanks so much ..

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Marilynne. I've D-mailed eastjack again and if I don't hear from him by tomorrow, we'll skip over him and go on to zameluzza which means that the lads will be back in the Ottawa area quite soon.

woo hoo - they're almost on their way west!! :-)

-Susan-

Whitby, ON(Zone 5b)

This should be fun. I've told my husband about the pending visit and he's totally confused. I love it. Hi Shannon!!

Christine

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Christine - show him some of the earlier threads and maybe he'll get it. Maybe not. People do sometimes look at you funny when you cart them around everywhere with you, posing them and taking pics.

My favourite memories are the pumpkin dealer in the ByWard market here in Ottawa who said gnomes were good luck and better luck the farther they travelled, the Guard at Rideau Hall who held them for us (RCMP on Parliament Hill weren't so amused), and posing them in the lobby of the Chateau Laurier. Of course, there's always Bullwinkle who tries to get into trouble everywhere he goes - like climbing the fence to the Prime Minister's residence.

Ann

Granville Beach, NS(Zone 6a)

Address sent today. We can't let the boys miss out on Nova Scotia!
Its been a cool spring so the garden is a bit behind and as its only our second year at this address much work remains to be done. I,m sure the boys will enjoy Granville Beach and Annapolis Royal and will agree with us that its the best place in Canada. Some of you will argue otherwise but we will let the boys decide for themselves.
Dave

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

this is go much fun cant wait to have them visit maybe all the ottawa participants can get together for a few pics with the boys I dont mind hosting at my place lots of room for everyone and the boys

mona

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Here's a new list. I only need two addresses now. I'll send the first one's off to Todd so he can get the lads on their way. If we need to tinker with the order a bit later, we can do that. I've bypassed the Ottawa area because gillibean needs to have the lads before the end of June. Most of the rest of you didn't indicate any times that it would not be convenient to have the lads. so we'll go to gillibean and then catch those close to Toronto before backing up closer to Ottawa.

eastjack - Granville Ferry, NS

gillibean - Moose Factory, ON
sugarshokt - Cambridge, ON
phfurballs - Missisauga, ON
cybercrone - Toronto, ON
Bettypauze - Victoria Harbour, ON
ceedub - Whitby, Ontario
zameluzza - Alfred, Ontario
scicciarella - Metcalfe, ON
ViolaAnn - Ottawa, ON
spklatt - Ottawa, ON (maybe Gatineau) STILL NEED ADDREESS
drivenbonkers - Perth, ON
weslemkoon - Gilmour ON
MarilynneS - Murillo, ON (near Thunder Bay)

nevrest - Broadview, SK
annabell52 - Edmonton AB
Tallulah_B - Calgary, AB
fancyvan - Calgary, AB

daryl - Vernon B.C.
DonM47 - Grand Forks, BC
hortensia - Langley, BC STILL NEED ADDREESS
Teresa_in_BC - Sooke, BC
MG99 - Victoria BC

This message was edited Jun 2, 2009 9:57 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

You've got that well organized Ann..as long as I get him before the snow falls, might be more entertaining for him..lol

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

I've sent in my YES ! Do you suppose they'd scare away the darn squirrel from my balcony ???

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

lol maybe hahahahah

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images