Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cameras and Photography: new camera! Anybody have the Canon Rebel XS?

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 11, Views: 109
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
roybird
Santa Fe, NM

May 29, 2009
3:22 AM

Post #6612214

O.K. I finally took the leap and got a new camera that will shoot in RAW and take different lenses! I read about several cameras and was really leaning toward the Rebel XSi but decided to go for the XS because of the lower price. Although it has fewer megapixels I used the money I saved to get a telephoto lens as well as the lens that came with the camera. ( I tried a Nikon D-something, too but just wasn't comfortable with it.) It was an interesting process trying to figure out what my priorities were, within my budget. I'll let you know what I think of the camera as I get used to it. I want to thank all of you who gave me advice here! This is a very helpful forum.
Ginger_H
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8a)

May 31, 2009
9:39 PM

Post #6623238

I just got one. Sears had a special...camera and telephoto lens as well as the lens included with it...buy both save $150.00. I also have the Rebel EOS 35mm so that EF lens can be used with the new "toy". The other lenses I got for the 35mm probably won't mesh as (told me by tech support) film cameras and digital talk differently to each other.

That being said...I hope I'll love the new camera. I am a TOTAL computer DUMMY. Since I loaded the new softwear my 'puter has done wierd stuff...probably me not knowing what I'm doing. Plus right after I got it we had nasty weather for 6-7 days in a row. Not gonna go play and outside in a gully-wash. LOL Played some today, but have yet to dump onto the "computer beastie". I do like the feel of it. Bill got me a Fugi Film digital which takes great pics, but feels like a tinker toy in my hands...plus the LCD screen burned out before it was 2 years old...hence the new purchase.

When you get it all figured out may I pick your brain?? LOL
cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2009
10:11 PM

Post #6623372

I have the Canon Rebel XTi SLR but one thing that helped me when I got it was finding others who had the same camera.

flickr is great for help with cameras
http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_digital_rebel_xsi/
roybird
Santa Fe, NM

May 31, 2009
11:45 PM

Post #6623714

Good. I want to check out flickr. I'm slowly learning about the new camera but still using my old one. Ginger, you are welcome to pick my brain but it is pretty slim pickin's at the moment. I did buy a book about the camera today so I can understand the manual! I am a computer dummy, too. But, D.H. isn't. So, I hope to get him busy with it by and by. He's in a video workshop for the next 2 weeks so I'll wait 'til his mind clears.
cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2009
3:38 AM

Post #6624805

Just get on in there and "get your feet wet"! You will love it I'll bet. I usually learn a new camera or software by reading the manual a couple of times, stopping along the way to do what each section says. Then I just take photos daily. Do check flickr for lots of tips and it is great to store your photos there.
Methodical
Clinton, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2009
8:43 PM

Post #6702049

Here's a site link that should help you: its a canon forum

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/search.php?searchid=9498357

roybird
Santa Fe, NM

June 17, 2009
9:20 PM

Post #6702194

Thanks, Methodical. I'm starting to use it more now.
Methodical
Clinton, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2009
6:08 AM

Post #6704119

Sorry the search that I did did not show up however you can click on the forum button above and go to the Slr forum and do a search for the XS and get what I gotten.
roybird
Santa Fe, NM

June 18, 2009
8:37 PM

Post #6707114

I did just that!
Methodical
Clinton, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 19, 2009
4:10 PM

Post #6710673

Did it provide some useful info?
roybird
Santa Fe, NM

June 19, 2009
7:49 PM

Post #6711613

I'd say so. It made me feel good on my choice of that camera.
Methodical
Clinton, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2009
12:18 PM

Post #6722037

Good

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America