Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Garden Shed: Need a good weedwakker

Communities > Forums > Garden Shed
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShedReplies: 5, Views: 117
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Molamola
Christiansted, VI
(Zone 11)

May 31, 2009
6:37 PM

Post #6622507

I gave away the new Craftsman because I couldn't get it started.

I need one that's not a big monster, and EASY to start. I'm 62 and aint what I used to be, booo.

Thanks for your help!
hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

May 31, 2009
11:46 PM

Post #6623719

Molamola, look at the Black and Decker rechargeable ones. No starting problems at all and no cords like the electric ones. I have one and just love it because I don't have to worry about getting it started.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2009
2:22 PM

Post #6635692

hart, you beat me to it! Another plus is the other B and D tools that use the exact same battery pack which is efficient.
hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

June 3, 2009
2:45 PM

Post #6635812

Yes, so if you need more whacking time, just steal the battery from your husband's drill. LOL Actually, really kidding. They come with two batteries and I actually own just as many power tools as my guy.
BKB99
Kearney, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 23, 2011
7:51 AM

Post #8515123

My husband was having trouble starting our Craftsman Weed Eater, both in pulling & keeping it "lit". He has had 1 shoulder surgery & needs another, Lowe's, in our area, sells several different models from Troy Bilt with an optional electric start thingy. That was $34.95. The salesman was kind enough to tell us that you could put the right size of Allen wrench in a drill to start it. Since we have 3 acres, that makes it handy to bring a drill with you rather than having to go to the house to restart it. The model we picked was 4 cycle with a curved head for $174.95. He threw in a strap since that model didn't include one. There are several attachments available.

Since we have had rain/hail since we purchased it, I can't report as to how well it works, but will post later.

The salesman said someone who purchased it cut off an Allen wrench so he would have a straight "bit" & it worked great.

Barb
BKB99
Kearney, MO
(Zone 6a)

May 1, 2011
6:23 AM

Post #8531820

It took awhile for the rain to stop, but the elec. start is a big hit. None of the Allen wrenches, including metric, were compatible. But, instead of buying the $34.95 starter, Lowe's has a Troy Bilt bit that fits in a drill for $9.95. It has to be a high speed drill. It started right up with the starter & by pulling the rope.

As a side note, all of our Craftsman attachments fit the Troy Bilt.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America